Chapter 61 - Worries

Twisted Moon - Book 3 of the Black Moon series - Chapter 60: Worries

(Camden's POV - Wed. 1 July 2015)

Camden - Hi Baby Boy, I refused late appointments and will finish around 7:00pm. Don't bother cooking, I'll get some takeaway on my way back. See you tonight at home!

The truth is I cancelled my 7:00 and 7:30pm appointments and indeed declined further ones for the day. Noah has looked a bit anxious recently and I would like to spend the evening with him. I have noticed his nightmares usually occur on the evenings he needs to take the train back to Lisle and spends the evening alone at home. Well, they are not really nightmares since he doesn't thrash in bed or scream like he did two weeks ago; this hasn't happened again. But his sleep is definitely agitated, as he twists and turns all the time; not mentioning all the moans and whimpers. I talked it out with him yesterday morning and he only came up with explaining that he just prefers when he rides back with me in the evening and that he doesn't like to spend the entire evening on his own.

Unfortunately, there is not much I can do about our different schedules and I have really tried my best to adapt some of my work days to his. Things won't get any better when Noah starts college. I don't know yet what his schedule will look like, but October being the month when my activity starts increasing again, I bet it won't be so easy. Sometimes, I think it would be so much better if we moved into Chicago. Having an apartment downtown would help as we'd have less commute in the morning and evening; especially with my new practice soon being located a little further inside the Loop. We would also be closer to Mark's place and I'm pretty sure Noah would enjoy spending time with Alex and Shannon when they don't work.

The thing is that life is better outside of Chicago. I like my little town of Lisle; its quietness and safety. And so does Noah! The house is not huge, but it's nice and Jess definitely enjoys the garden. Would he even adapt if we moved to the city center and into an apartment? I guess so, but it would be less fun for him. So, I don't know. I need to check the pros and cons and discuss this with Noah. Then we can decide. In the meantime, we will have to deal with this and tonight, even if he still has to take the train back home, I will get to spend most of the evening with him.

But before that, I need to get on with my day and welcome my next patient. It is only eleven in the morning and I try to focus on my work throughout the entire morning, but my thoughts often stray back to Noah. My boy is so proud of having a job at the moment, but the most heartwarming is that he really enjoys it. This is such a great opportunity for him that I am sincerely thankful to Joshua for having offered it to him. He is happy with what he is doing there and he has shown such interest that the architects have even started to trust him with a few drawings since he can use the desk of a guy who is on vacation at the moment. Of course, this is never anything complicated and even if he believes he could do more, they force him to take one step at a time, but this is still a beginning and he clearly enjoys it a lot.

He was a bit less enthusiastic on Monday, knowing Liam wouldn't be in the office this week, but it turns out he has become quite comfortable around Joshua's personal assistant and the human resources coordinator, with whom he usually has lunch, as well as with a few young guys he works with. So, in the end, time seems to fly by rather quickly for him and I am confident he will be all the more happy to see his friend back on Tuesday next week.

Which makes me think, I hope these two lucky guys are enjoying their time in France at the moment! I can't wait for Josh to tell me about Liam's reaction when he will have proposed to him. My friend has planned to do this in the last two days of their stay, so we certainly won't hear about it until this weekend. In any case, I haven't mentioned it to Noah either, just to make sure he wouldn't repeat it to his friends – especially after the Subs' fuck-up ten days ago at the club. Well, Noah wasn't really responsible for anything since it was that little minx of Shannon who leaked information he shouldn't have and he paid a rather high price for his mistake.