Saturday Night (Lincoln)

Character name:Katie

So, it was a Saturday night like any other.Just sitting here on my bed, eating Doritos and Cheetos, and binge watching Netflix.

I was watching the 2nd tape of "13 Reasons Why".Yeah, I know.I'm way behind.It's  just with homework, projects due, test to study for, and all my practices, I've hadn't really had a chance to catch up.My friend told me that she's already on the 4th tape.

Then, my sister opened my door a crack.

"Hey, Katie, I was just letting you know that some people from school are coming over.And the best part, Lincoln will be here."she sing-songed.

My eyes literally almost bursts out of my sockets when I heard those words.When, I looked up, she was gone.

Aw, man.

A few minutes later, I heard the door bell ring and my heart instantly started pounding out of my chest.

"I'll get it!"Tiffany yelled as she sprinted towards the door.

She opened the door to see Jake, Kevin,  Miranda, Emma, David, and Lincoln.

I froze in place when I saw Lincoln.

You may not already know this, but I've had a crush on him for the longest time and my sister knew about my crush on him.

I quickly ran down the stairs, without tripping and falling on my face, and walked over to Tiffany and pulled her to the side.

"Um, why did you have to invite Lincoln?Not that I don't want him here, but why?"I whispered shouted to her.

"Because I want you come out of your little shell and become graceful and ya know, socially active.Like a turtle."she replied.

"But turtles aren't supposed to come out of their shells."I explained to her.

"Ok, turtles are a bad example.The point is, I want you to woman up and at least talk to him."she told me.

I sighed.Then, when I looked beside me, Tiffany was gone.

Out of nowhere, she came back with food and drinks and a party light.

She went up on the stage in our living room and grabbed a microphone."People of James Davis Middle School, are you ready to part-ay?!"she said and a whole of bunch of people came out from hiding spots and started yelling.

I walked up to Tiffany on the stage, fuming."You didn't tell me this was gonna be a party!"I yelled and she she shrunk back.

Everyone in my family knew that there was no stopping me when I was mad.I was like Satan, but worse.

"Well, I- it's have weekend and you know how I feel about parties."she said.

"But what happens when Mom and Dad come home and see this?"I asked, motioning to the party that was going on in front of you.

"Oh, come on.They're not coming back for a another 2 days."she reassured me, but I didn't want to hear it.

When I tried to go upstairs to my room, someone had held me back."Wanna dance?"Lincoln asked.

I went into an internal shock when his hand was on mine.

Ok, so one thing can calm me down!

"Sure,"I agreed.

He pulled me over to the dance floor, also known as my living room, and we started dancing around.

After a few minutes later or dancing, he needed to talk to me.

"Um, Katie, there's something that I need to tell you."he said.

I nodded slowly, signaling him to continue.

"I like you.More than just a friend."he said and I was shocked.

"Will you be my girlfriend?"he asked.

"Yes,"I said.What just happened?

Duh, your crush just asked you out.Be excited!

Then, I heard the front door open and my attention quickly turned to my mom's angry face.It was not a pretty sight.

"Everybody out!!!"she yelled and they all scattered like lil' ants.Even Lincoln was terrified when she walked into the room.

And I don't blame him either.

Of course, me and my sister were grounded for a few weeks, but I still went to sleep with a smile on my face.

Done!