Chapter 1

White wall, wood floor, a window that shows what the backyard looks like, suitcases and bags all over the room, more clutter across the floor—that's the current situation of my room. I got here in LA a few days ago from a country somewhere in Asia, but I will leave this city in a few months and go to another city to study in my dream university. I'm currently staying at my aunt's house to spend the summer with her and my cousins.

"Hey, it's dinner time!" My cousin, Klo, shouted from the other room.

Tonight we're having lasagna with garlic bread for dinner and that makes me so happy because that's my favorite.

"Hey mom. Remember when I told you that Veronica's throwing a party for her birthday? Well, it's actually tonight. Can I go to the party?" Klo said while munching on her garlic bread.

"Okay, but I have two conditions," Auntie put her fork down and looks at Klo intensely.

"Anything."

"First, you should be home before midnight."

Klo nodded, "That's too early, but that's fine."

"And second, bring your cousin with you so she can make some new friends," She said, pointing her fork at me.

"No, it's okay. I'm fine. I can stay here. Parties are not really my thing," I said, trying to convince my aunt but she and Klo refused.

"Mom's right. Come with me and I'll introduce you to my friends and some cute boys. Who knows, you might meet your future boyfriend there," Klo winked.

"Klo! I don't think that's a great idea. She came here to study, not to look for her summer fling. If you say another thing about cute boys and boyfriends, I will not let you go to that party," Auntie exclaimed.

Klo chuckled, "I was only joking, mom."

After we finished our dinner we changed into more presentable clothes than what we were wearing a while ago and went to the party.

We were outside the house, but I can hear the music blaring from the probably huge speakers. Different groups of people were outside the house, each group was busy talking to each other and each member holding a red cup full of beer or vodka.

Klo introduced me to her clique and they were really nice to me, but I don't think we will get along well. They were like the girls who like shopping, parties, hot boys-- popular girls in short. While me, I like books, bands and being alone. Totally different, see? But trust me, I'm not like a friendless loser, weird girl just like what you see in movies. I have friends too, just not a lot.

Klo said she'll be gone for a few minutes to get us a drink but she never came back. Maybe she joined in some drinking game and totally forgot about me. But that's okay. Maybe I can find someone whom I can talk to?

"Hey, you look new here." A tall, muscular guy approached me.

"Uhm, yeah, I just got here a few days ago." I said with a smile on my face.

He took a seat beside me and asked, "Really? From what city?"

"Country, you should be saying from what country. Somewhere in Asia."

"Oh, that's cool. My mom's Asian so that makes me half Asian, " He chuckled. "I'm Ross by the way. And you are?" He held out his hand, waiting for me to shake it.

"You can call me anything." I said while shaking his hand.

"Are you demanding me to think of a name for you? Or are you just trying me or testing me to guess what your name is?" He furrowed his brows in confusion.

"Both." I smirked.

"Okay, I'll get us a drink and when I come back, I have the perfect name for you." Ross chuckled and walked away.

I entertained myself by fidgeting my phone while I wait for him to come back.

Ross came back with two red cups in his hands. "I know what to call you," he was so excited.

"It better be good," I chuckled.

"Pick between girl from somewhere in Asia or Pocahontas."

"Both are horrible nicknames. But why Pocahontas?"

"I don't know," he shrugged. "You really just look like her."

I laughed, "Are serious or are you trying to make fun of me?"

"No, you seriously look like Pocahontas."

We were both laughing when suddenly Klo grabbed my arm, "It's getting late. We should come home before mom gets mad at us both."

He stopped Klo, "Wait, you know her, Klo?" He asked my cousin.

"She's my cousin, douchebag," She narrowed her eyes, "If I see you again talking to her, I swear you will not like what I'll do to you."

"I was just talking to her," he snorted. "I'll see you around, Pocahontas."

Klo immediately grabbed my arm and walked quickly, it was so fast that I almost tripped. When we got outside, she bids goodbye to her friends and we both went inside her car.

I want to ask her why she calls Ross a douchebag, but she was so angry, so I kept my mouth shut. Maybe tomorrow, when she's more calm, I'll ask her why she was so mad at him and ask her a few things about him. I really like him because he's funny and friendly. Who knows? Maybe he's the one that Klo's telling me about, my future boyfriend.

—•—•—•—•—•—•—•—•—•—•—•—•—•—•—

Quick A/n

Hey guys! First chapter done! How was it? Please comment what do you think so I know what and how to write.

If this gets 10 reads, I will post the 2nd chapter immediately. Have a good day!

xoxo,
gurl