Chapter 20

When I reached Claire's, Ross was already there. I walked forward until I reached the table. As soon as he noticed that I was only inches away from him, he stood up and greeted me. I gave him a sweet smile and sat down and he did too.

We ordered our food and kept silent for a while. After a few minutes of awkward silence, Ross finally spoke. "So, how are you? I mean, how's your job? How about your apartment? Is it nice? What about your—," he said fastly, almost not taking a breath.

I stopped him, "hey, slow down," I chuckled. "We have the whole night to talk."

"Sorry, I just," he said, looking down as he tried to find his words. When I noticed that he couldn't find the words he eanted to say, I continued, "I graduated a few years ago and I'm working in a clinic in Manhattan now." I smiled and asked, "how about you? How are you handling those fangirls? I heard they're quite wild."

He chuckled and said, "oh not really. But I'm still in shock that I have fans and stuff now."

I grinned and continued talking to him. He told me about the shows he was in and his co-stars. He seemed like he was very close to them, especially his Riverdale co-stars. He even showed me a picture of him with them and my eyes were drifted to the girl in his left.

I grabbed his phone from his hands and zoomed in the photo. "Do you know her?" I asked, pointing at the girl, Camila was her name if I was not mistaken.

He took a look at it and smiled, "Camila. She's in Riverdale too and she's like my best friend. You know her?"

"I saw her a few days ago and I was surprised when she said she knew me."

He furrowed his brows as he looked down and mumbled something quietly, but I still heard him, "maybe that's why she was quiet at the dinner. Why didn't she tell me?"

"What?"

He looked at me and shook his head, "nothing."

"But you were saying something under your breath. May I know what it is?" I said, pretending I didn't know what he was saying.

"We had this dinner a few days ago, it was more of like a farewell dinner for me," he sighed.

I was about to say something, but he stopped me, "before you cut me off, I'll tell you the story later. I chuckled and let him continue.

"As I was saying, we had this dinner. She was a little late, which is normal, but she was quieter than before. And I was not used to it. I asked her if something was wrong and he just nodded," he said, not leaving his eyes on mine. "After we finished our food she was still quiet, but after a while she started talking to Lili. They were whispering at each other like they were talking about some top secret."

I was listening to him the whole time and noticed that he really did care a lot to Camila. Were they dating?

Wait, what am I even thinking?

Instead of being paranoid, I listened to him and nodded, gesturing that I am listenting and understand him.

"I knew something happened. But why didn't she tell me? She knew how important you are to me."

"Wait," I interrupted him. "So are you saying, you mentioned me to her?"

"Yes, of course," he nodded. "I tell her everything. And you were, well still, a big part of my life,"