Chapter 14

"R-ross?"

"What are you doing here?" He asked.

"Am I not allowed here? Do you own this place?" I scoffed, crossing my arms across my chest.

He huffed and rolled his eyes at my remark. He started walking away from me and I started to panic. My heart says I should talk to him, but my mind says I should avoid and let him go. It's a battle between my heart and my mind. Which one should I follow?

I don't know if that was the right decision, but I called his name and ran to him. "Can we talk?"

He turned around and stared at me annoyingly, "there's nothing to talk about, P." He started walking again so I ran quickly and blocked his way.

"Please, Ross. I promise after this, I won't annoy you ever," I said, gasping for air.

He looked at me with an annoyed look, but he nodded his head and I took that as a sign for me to talk.

"I don't know what's gotten into you that you suddenly broke up with me. I don't know what I did wrong," I paused, trying so hard not to let my tears fall. After I got enough courage to continue, I said, "or maybe the sacrifices that I did wasn't enough to make our relationship last."

"P, please don't," he whispered. Everytime he calls me by my nickname, it feels so different and weird. I feel like there's something wrong and I can't even think of a right word that can describe the feeling I get whenever he calls me that name.

"No, Ross. I have to do this. I've always been crying whenever we had a fight or just a little misunderstanding. I've never been so strong facing bad things because I know that you're always there to save the day, to save me," I said, wiping away the tears that was falling in my cheeks. "When you left me, I was so messed up. And I can't fix myself because don't know how because back then, you were always the one who fixed me," I muffled. "When you left me, I realized how much I needed you, how important you are to me, most importantly, how much I love you." I felt so weak and vulnerable. I did nothing but cried in front of him. I was trying to stop my tears from falling, but I couldn't.

Ross continued staring at me. He didn't move or even speak. He was just there, standing in front of me with no reaction.

I gathered all the courage left in me to ask him, "aren't you going to say anything?"

"I don't know, P. You still and will always have a special place in my heart," he said quietly. I smiled a little because I thought he was giving me another chance. But his next sentence made my heart break. "But I think we both need space, time to think. Like what you said, we both still have dreams that we want to achieve and we could only do that if there are no distractions," he sighed, looking down. He breathed heavily then looked at me, "I think it would be better if we separate ways."

I was stunned and didn't say anything. I was shocked and heartbroken. But I couldn't give him up just like that. "Ross, please. We can fix this," I pleaded. I hugged him, but he was trying to get away from my arms. I tighten my grip and he gave up and let me hug him. " I know that you still love me. I know that we can still make this work."

He sighed in annoyance and removed my arms around his waist. He was so strong, so I had no choice but to let go. "Do you hear yourself right now? You sound so desperate and pathetic—"

"Yes, I am desperate and pathetic!" I cried, throwing my hands in the air to express how desperate I was. "I'd do anything just to get you back. I'd swallow my pride if that's what you want."

He brushed his hair and turned around to walk away from me. My knees were wobbling, I felt so weak. I tried to walk, to follow him, but my feet weren't cooperating. My feet were like glued to the ground and I can't move.

"Ross—" I paused, sounding so tired. If he wouldn't turn around, then I guess it's a sign to stop.

Guess what? He continued walking away from me that made my knees went weak. I started crying so hard, harder than when I left him. I collapsed on the ground, clutching my chest.

Ross Butler, what did you do to me?

—•—•—•—•—•—•—•—•—•—•—•—•—•—•—

It's A/n time!!

Hey guys! Thank you so much for the 1.1k+ reads and 30+ votes!

I'm aware that this chapter is A LOT shorter than the other chapters and the next chapters will be short too because it will be about you (main character) living a life without Ross. So yeah, no Ross for a while. I know it's sad, but the story will get more exciting, trust me.

I hope you still enjoyed this one!

Next goal: 1.2k reads + 38 votes

Don't forget to vote, comment and share it to you friends! Have a good day.

xoxo,
gurl