Chapter 16

(After 4 years)

I woke up with a severe headache and dry throat. I was sick for a week because of stress that I've been getting since I was almost graduating college. I had a lot of exams, reports and other homeworks that made me occupied these past few days.

I grabbed my phone that was in my bedside table to look at my phone calendar to see if I had any plans that day. I unlocked my phone, pressed the app and it showed that it was Friday. I could say TGIF because every Friday, I had no classes. I was about to press 'lock screen', but I paused when I realized what date it was. It was May 17, Ross' birthday.

I clutched my phone to my chest, trying to forget what I just realized. It has been 4 years since I last saw him, but his face when he broke up with me was still fresh in my mind.

I opened my twitter app and looked at his account. There was a lot of people who greeted him, celebrities, fans, family and friends. That was the first time I looked at his account because I wasn't following and I wasn't planning to. I searched for his name on Google and found out that he starred in a few tv shows. I guess he was living his dream and I felt so proud and happy for him.

I wanted to send him a quick happy birthday message, but I was scared. What if he was still mad at me? What if he wouldn't reply to me? But it's just a simple birthday greeting, right? I wouldn't say I miss you or anything close to that. Maybe I was being paranoid.

I was writing my message in a paper when I noticed an article that popped up at the top of the Google page.

Ross Butler was Caught Leaving a Fancy Restaurant Yesterday with a Mysterious Girl

Article by OnlineSpy

I tapped the link and it send me to the site where the article was posted.

Ross Butler, who is celebrating his birthday today, May 17, was caught leaving a restaurant in Beverly Hills yesterday hand-in-hand with an instagram-famous model. You may have seen him in an episode of Major Crimes, but Butler was also casted as Spencer in Teen Beach 2 which was announced last month.

Back to Butler, he was rumored that he and Clara have been dating for a while now. But the two chose to be quiet about their relationship.

Butler's probably blowing his cake right now and apparently, they had a date yesterday. Could it be an advanced birthday celebration? What do―

I didn't finish reading article because it was shitty and a waste of time. When two people went out to have dinner, does it automatically mean they're dating? Why, can't two friends can just have a peaceful dinner without people judging them? People nowadays wants to make me throw up.

I turned off my phone, threw it to my laundry basket and went to the bathroom to take a quick shower. I thought a shower was going to take my stress away, but the stress was still present while I was shampooing my hair. All along I thought that I already forgot him and moved on, but based on my reactions that time, it's crystal clear that I still haven't. I screamed so loud and pinched myself because of irritation. Thank goodness my roommate wasn't here.  I couldn't take my mind off from the thought of the article.

I quickly washed the remaining shampoo in my hair and soap in my body, then grabbed a clean towel to dry myself. I put on my clothes and went to the laundry basket where I threw my phone a while ago. I picked it up, opened it and went to Ross' profile. At first I was hesitating, but after a while of debating with myself, I decided to block him not only in twitter, but also in instagram and facebook.

I sighed in relief in went to bed to binge-watch a tv series that was released a month ago. I hoped this series would help me forget my little tantrum a while ago.

—•—•—•—•—•—•—•—•—•—•—•—•—•—•—

It's A/n time!!

Okay, I know this chapter is as bad as the article. Sorry. I just wanted to make something that's associated to Ross' birthday.

Happy birthday to the guy who made me smile these past few months! (do I sound creepy? lmao)

Also, I want to give a big shoutout to @CristinaIslan for giving me the idea for this chapter. Thank you so much.

Next goal: 1.4k reads

Don't forget to vote, comment and share it to you friends! Have a good day.

xoxo,
gurl