Chapter 2

I woke up at the scent of coffee and pancakes. Today is my 4th day here in this city. I have 2 months left before I go to New York.

I quickly took a shower first before going down. When I got to the living room, I greeted my younger cousin, Brent, who was busy watching a movie with dinosaurs in it. I hate that movie.

I was about to go to the kitchen to help my aunt cook breakfast for us,but stopped when I heard muffled sounds.

"Ross? Your ex?" Auntie exclaimed quietly.

"Yes, the one and only. When I saw him talking to her, I immediately grabbed her arm and walked away," Klo whispered.

"Did you tell her about that guy?"

Klo shook her head, "Not yet, but I'm planning to later. I also warned Ross to stay away from her."

I was about to turn around because I don't want to interrupt their conversation, but it was too late. Klo was shocked when she saw a few feet behind her, "How long were you there?"

"I just got here," I smiled. "Do you need help? I can make the pancakes." I offered.

"Oh yes, please, Klo keeps on ruining the pancakes," Auntie laughed.

"Atleast I tried," she proudly said.

-/-/-/-/-/-/-/-/-/-/-/-/-/-/-/-/-/-/-/-/-/-/-

I was busy fixing my things when my phone starts to ring. It was an unknown number so I didn't bother to answer. Who knows, it might be a serial killer sending me a creepy message? I was annoyed when it starts to ring again so I have no choice but to answer. When I was about to answer the call, the line ended. After a few minutes, I got a text from the same number.

Unknown number:
Hey, it's Ross. Why aren't you answering my calls?

Me:
How did you get my number?

I saved his number and put the name "Ross 👽" in my contacts.

Ross 👽:
You know, I have a lot of connections. Lol. Btw, are you busy tonight? I was thinking of bringing you to Claire's and maybe get to know you more? It's my treat!

Me:
Creepy. Tbh, I'm free tonight, but I don't think Klo will let me to have dinner with you or something.

Ross 👽:
Who is she, your mother?

Me:
Lol. Anyway, from what I heard last night, it looks like you and Klo are not in good terms. Any reason? Would you mind filling me in?

Ross 👽
She hasn't told you our history?

Me:
Wow. History. Big word. Lol.

Me:
Do you think I would ask you if I know your 'history' already?

Ross 👽
It's a long story, but I will break it down for you.

Last summer, we had a thing. We dated for a while. I think we dated for 3 months?  But something happened, it was my fault. I was an idiot back then, well actually I still am. And Klo found out something that made her so mad and broke up with me.

That's our story. Bow.

Me:
And what's that something the Klo found out?

Ross 👽:
I can't tell you because if I do, you might not talk to me again. It's really petty and so childish.

Me:
Well, if you're not telling me, then I'm saying goodbye to you.

Ross 👽:
No, wait.

Ross 👽:
I really can't. Go ask Klo and if she tells you, call me asap.

Me:
Ttyl.

I jumped out of my bed and ran to Klo's room. She was reading a book when I got inside her room. She looks calmer than yesterday, so I think it's the perfect time.

Klo looked up from her book, "hey, I didn't know you were there. Do you need anything?"

"I was actually texting Ross a while ago and--"

"What?" She blurted out while putting down her book. "Why are talking to that jerk?"

"I think he's not that bad. Well, I'm actually here to ask something about you and him," I smiled.

Klo raised her left eyebrow and I took that as a sign for me to continue. I took a seat beside her, "Ross mentioned that you dated last summer, but broke up after like a few months. And he also mentioned that you broke up with him because you found out something. My question is, what is that something?"

"I don't want to talk about it," she rolled her eyes.

I looked at her with pleading eyes while convincing her to tell me.

She sighed, "Okay, I will tell you but, in one condition."

"Anything," I said excitedly.

"Hannah will be having a party tomorrow and I know that mom won't let me to go there because we just went out yesterday, so what I need you to do for me is you make sure that she won't go to my room and find out that I'm gone," she smirked.

"Deal," I gave her two thumbs up. "Now tell me."

And Klo told me the whole story. Every detail. And those details prove that Ross really is a douchebag.

—•—•—•—•—•—•—•—•—•—•—•—•—•—•—

It's A/n time!

As I promised, here's chapter 2 :). Thank you for spending your time reading my story and I hope you're enjoying it so far. I know it has only like 11 reads, but who cares! Lol I'm just so happy.

Next goal: 25 reads.

Don't forget to share it to your friends! Have a good day.

xoxo,
gurl