Chapter 4

"Where have you been?"

"I was out with someone," I sais, looking down.

"And who is that someone?" She narrowed her eyes.

I was fidgeting my fingers nervously, "Just a friend."

"A friend? I know who are you with, my lovely cousin. You're with him. I saw you entering that cafe, don't even deny it," she blurted out. "I warned you. I told you not to talk to him again. I told you that he's a jerk and you might be his next victim. I'm concerned for you that's why I'm telling you all of this. I don't want you to experienced what I experienced, so please just listen to me."

"But she's not like the guy you thought he was. He's actually sweet and kind. He just wants you to forgive him. If you saw him a while ago while he was telling me the story, he looks really sorry and hurt--"

"Don't you think I was hurt too?" She cried. "What now? You like him now that's why you're taking his side?"

"I'm not taking anyone's side," I was starting to get annoyed. I sighed and said, "please just talk to him. If you still hate him, then I promise, I will never talk to him again."

-/-/-/-/-/-/-/-/-/-/-/-/-/-/-/-/-/-/-/-/-/-/-

"Hi Brent, where's Klo?" I went down and didn't see Klo. It has been 3 days since we had our little misunderstandings, but she still won't talk to me or even look at me.

"I don't know, but I think I heard her say that she's meeting up with someone or something like that," he shrugs.

"Oh, okay. I'm gonna go grab some snacks. You want anything?"

"Can you buy me some Cheetos?" He asks. I agreed.

I walked outside and felt the warm breeze. I love this weather. Not too hot, not too cold. Just the right temperature. I reached my destination and grabbed some snacks. I was walking home when I passed by the cafe where Ross and I talked, but this time, Ross and Klo was the one who's in there talking. I stared at them for a few seconds, noticed that they're having a serious conversation, so I just continued walking home. While I was walking, I kept on thinking about them. I really hope that they'll fix things up and can be friends again.

-/-/-/-/-/-/-/-/-/-/-/-/-/-/-/-/-/-/-/-/-/-/-

Brent and I were busy watching A Walk to Remember. I freaking love this movie. Why does Jamie have to be diagnosed and die? Can't she just live a happy, healthy life?

I was so close to shredding a tear, but got distracted when the door opened. Klo entered and went straight into her room. I want to go to her room and ask her what happened, but I decided to give her some time to think.

I was preparing to go to sleep when I heard a knock on my door. "Come in!" I yelled.

"Hey," Klo peeked in, smiling at me.

"Hey, Klo. I missed you," I gave her a smile. Even though she's really mean and a bitch sometimes, she's still Klo, my cousin, who's always there when I need something and always supports me in everything.

She hugged me and gave me a sad smile, "I missed you too. I'm sorry if I had been a bitch to you. I didn't mean it, I was just trying to protect you."

"It's okay, I understand," I chuckled. "Anyway, how's your day? I saw you talking to Ross a while ago, but I didn't want to interrupt you because you looked like you were having a serious talk."

I could tell that she was shocked based on her reaction. "Yeah. We talked about our thing and you," she smirked.

"Me? Why me?" I raised my eyebrows. "But let's talk about that later. Let's about you and Ross. So are you guys okay now or it got worse?"

"I forgave him and I apologized too because it took me a a couple of months before I accepted what happened. We agreed that we will be friends, no more than anything," she said, looking down while playing with her hair. "And I also agreed to let you talk to him again," she smirked, crossing her arms. "Enough of me, it's your turn," she changed her position into a more comfortable one. "What's with you two? Ross mentioned that yoi text each other sometimes and I realized that you're betraying me a bit, but—"

I chimed in before she gets mad at me, "it's not like what you're thinking, Klo. We were just—"

"Chill! You don't need to apologize," she interrupted me, laughing while talking. "Since the party, I noticed that you're always too engrossed in your phone, texting someone and I know that it's Ross, you don't have to deny it," she said, pointing her finger at me. "I have a question and you need to answer it honestly. I will not get mad or anything."

"I don't like where this conversation's going," I chuckled nervously. She eyed me suspiciously, so I agreed to answer whatever her question may be.

"Ross told me that he enjoys talking to you, which is an another term for he likes you. So my question is, do you like him too? Yes or no?" She said, looking me directly in the eyes.

"Honestly, I don't know. I mean, it has only been days since we met. But what I know is, he makes me laugh and sometimes, he's the one who's making my day," I smiled, looking down because I want to hide the fact that I'm blushing.

"I knew it!" She squealed. "In case you don't know, I want to inform you that you're falling for him. Well, I don't mind the fact that you're my favorite cousin and he's my ex. I fully support you and your relationship."

"But we're not in a relationship," I laughed.

"Yet, not yet. But I know you'll get there," she said, trying so hard not to squeal.

She arranged a date for me and Ross without me knowing. I didn't want to go, but she told me that I don't have a choice but to go to this particular restaurant a day after tomorrow and eat dinner with him. I just sighed and agreed.

We talked about loads of things that night. We talked about boys, secrets and rumors around the neighborhood. I really missed these kind if nights with Klo and I'll make sure that we will not have a big fight again.

"I think I need to rest and you too. Sorry if I interrupted you a while ago, I just wanted to talk to you about some stuff," Klo said, heading to the door. "But I had fun spending my night with you."

"It's okay, you can disturb me anytime you want," I laughed. "And thank you for everything, Klo. I'll miss you when I get to New York," I smiled.

She gave me a sweet smile, then began to walk away to go to her room. But before she can reach the door, she turned around and said , "well, I guess you fell in his trap and because of that I'm telling you this: don't fall too hard, little cousin. Always remember that when you love someone, don't give him all your love because you still need to keep some for yourself. Don't say I didn't warn you."

And that was on my mind the whole night and also the reason why I was still wide awake at 2:14 am.

—•—•—•—•—•—•—•—•—•—•—•—•—•—•—

It's A/n time!!

Hey guys! Thank you so much for 41 reads. I hope you're enjoying the story so far because a lot more events will happen! What do you think about this chapter? Tell me in the comment section!

Next goal: 60 reads. We can do it!

Don't forget to vote, comment and share it to you friends! Have a good day.

xoxo,
gurl