Chapter 15

When I reached my room, I dropped my bags on the floor and jumped to my bed to have a good rest. I thought my Christmas would be amazing, but it turned out to be the total oppoosite because of a certain guy who made me cry the whole Christmas break.

I was back in New York and I still have a few days before school starts again. Unfortunately, my friends weren't still here. Justin's still in Brooklyn, while Lili's still in Chicago.

I miss my friends, but I miss sleeping peacefully more. That's why I decided to close my eyes and enter the dreamland.

-/-/-/-/-/-/-/-/-/-/-/-/-/-/-/-/-/-/-/-/-/-/-

I woke up at the sunlight coming through my blinds and heard my phone vibrating. I looked at the caller id and saw it was showing Lili's goofy picture that I took when we visited a museum in San Francisco with Justin. Those were good times.

I pressed the answer button and put my phone in my ears. I was greeted by a lively Lili saying, "hey girl! I know you're missing me a lot that's why I took the morning flight."

I giggled, pressing the loud speaker so I can move around while talking to her. "Awe Lili. Are you sure that I'm the one who's missing you not the other way around?"

I heared her sigh in defeat and said, "okay, okay, you caught me. I just miss yiu a lot. My stay in Chicago wasn't really a good one."

"Same, girl," I managed to say, while brushing my teeth. "I have a lot of stories that I need to tell you, so you better get your butt in here asap."

"Yes, ma'am. I'll be there in no time," she chuckled. "Hey, I need to go now. The plane's about to takeoff. See you later!"

"Have a safe flight!" I said cheerfully, then ended the call.

I put my phone on the top of the medicine cabinet and played my shower playlist in my spotify. I took a quick, relaxing shower before I headed outside to grab some breakfast.

I went to our favorite diner, Fred's, and was greeted by Fred himself who was behind the cash register.

"Hey, good morning," he grinned. "A stack of choco chip pancakes and a steaming hot chocolate?" He asked, looking at me with a proud smile. Whenever me and my friends go here for breakfast, I always order that.

"Well, I guess you know me too well, Fred," I chuckled, handing him my money.

He shook his head and said, "don't worry, it's on me." He left to get my order that was prepared by Martha, the chef, and returned with a tray holding my food. "Merry christmas," he smiled, handing me the tray. I tried to insert my money inside the tip box, but he caught me and returned my money.

"Merry christmas to you too, Fred. I hope you had a great one," I greeted, then left the counter and went to our usual booth which was in the far corner of the diner.

I was happily eating my delicious pancakes, when the bell rang, signalling that someone entered the diner.

I looked up and saw a very familiar face. I thought he wouldn't be here until tomorrow.

"Justin!" I yelled, waving my hand in the air. He looked around to find the voice that called him. At first he didn't see me, but when I called him again he looked at my direction and smiled. He started walking to where I was and I stood up, opened my arms, welcoming him.

He hugged me tightly and mumbled in my hair, "ohh I missed you, dork. No one's pestering me in Brooklyn and that felt weird."

I laughed and pulled away from the hug, "I thought you'll be here tomorrow, not today?"

"Do you want me to go back to Brooklyn and wait until tomorrow before I come back here?" He chuckled.

I chuckled to and he left to buy himself a breakfast meal, so I took a seat and waited for him to get back.

I was playing with my fork when Justin sat in a seat in front of me. I smiled at him and asked, "let's eat?"

He nodded and we ate our food silently.

While eating, we talked about how was one's vacation. He told me that his vacation was amazing and he wanted to stay, but unfortunately, he had to go because he still had classes to attend to. While me, I told him almost everything: what we ate in Christmas eve, what my outfit was and what gifts I received and gave to my family. I told him almost everything, except what happened to Ross and me. I didn't tell him that because I didn't want any drama and I was trying to forget it as soon as possible. But I was planning on telling them at the same time, when they're both present, so the crying and pain would be only felt once.

After an hour of conversation, we decided to talk a walk back to our dorm. Me and Justin were having a great time catching up while walking. We were so busy talking that we didn't notice that we were already outside my dorm building. Girls' dorms were seperated from guys' and Justin's a guy so he was staying in a different dorm.

"So I'll see you later?" Justin asked, smiling at me.

"Yeah, I'm sure as soon as Lili got here, she'll drag us to Fred's again," I chuckled, pulling him into a quick friendly hug.

When we both pulled away from the hug, we heared someone clearing her throat behind us. We turned our backs and saw Lili standing there with her handbag on her arm and her other hand was holding her suitcase. "Fred's?" She asked, smirking.

"Lili!" I said in a high pitch tone then quickly ran to hug her.

"Okay, I wasn't expecting that," she laughed and hugged me more tight than I did. We stayed like that for a little while and when I pulled away, she looked at Justin and said, "how about you? Didn't you miss me?"

Justin sighed and laughed before she walked fastly to give Lili a hug too. I took a few steps back to give them their space. Just by seeing them happy, made me happy as well.

"Can I join?" I said, interrupting their intimate moment. They both looked at me and Justin waved his hands at me, signalling that I should join them. I grinned and joined the hug.

We were there, hugging in the sidewalk, not caring if people were looking at us suspiciously. What we cared about was our friendship and how much we missed each other.

While Justin and Lili's arms were around my body, I realized that maybe Ross was right. We were so busy for each other that we forgot other people existed too, our friends, our family. Maybe he was right, this is the better things for us.

Honestly, I was scared to let go of him and move on because I thought no one would be there to help me stand up and fix my broken self. But I was wrong. I didn't realize that my friends were and would always be there for me. They would be there for me everytime I would need help. They would be there, wiping my tears away when I get hurt. While we were having our one big hug, I had a lot of realizations.

I realized that friendship is so much stronger and better than any romantic relationship.

Your friends are and will always be more loyal, caring and reliable than any other girlfriend or boyfriend.

—•—•—•—•—•—•—•—•—•—•—•—•—•—•—

It's A/n time!!

Hey guys! How are you? So I inserted a little friendship appreciation thing here in this chapter. Hope you like it.

Btw, what do you think of the new cover? Do you like it or you prefer the original one? Let me know!

Next goal: 1.35k reads + 40 votes :)

Don't forget to vote, comment and share it to you friends! Have a good day.

xoxo,
gurl