Chapter 9

I left LA without saying goodbye to some of my friends and Ross. I haven't seen him ever since I told him that I was leaving. Even though it breaks my heart, I think it's better for the both of us.

Before I went inside the airport, Klo stopped me and said something that I couldn't get out of my head, "I know that you're feeling like you're having a big weight on your shoulders right now because of what happened, but please do me a favor and move on, live a happy life. I know it won't be easy, but please try. I don't like seeing you like this. Promise me that when you come back, you're not frowning anymore and you'll bring the guy who's the one for you."

-/-/-/-/-/-/-/-/-/-/-/-/-/-/-/-/-/-/-/-/-/-/-

After an almost 6-hour flight and a 30-minute drive, I finally reached my dorm. It has a plain white wall with a wood flooring. There was a typical dorm desk in the corner of the room and a bed with white duvet in the other corner.

Jet lag was kicking, so I decided to arrange my room and put some color to it. I put some painted canvases on the wall that I got from a local art store back in LA. I put my supplies in my desk and installed my printer and laptop. I also attached a framed picture of my family and friends above my headboard. While decorating my room, I made sure that no sign of Ross can be seen because I want to try to forget him as soon as possible and focus on my studies just like what Klo told me.

As soon as I finished decorating my room, I showered and went to my bed and had a good, long sleep. This would be very long journey.

-/-/-/-/-/-/-/-/-/-/-/-/-/-/-/-/-/-/-/-/-/-/-

2 YEARS AFTER

-/-/-/-/-/-/-/-/-/-/-/-/-/-/-/-/-/-/-/-/-/-/-

I've been enjoying life here in New York. I met a lot of nice friends, visited a few amazing places, and went to plenty of parties. Yup, I'm a little bit of a party girl now.

Also, I haven't completely forgotten about Ross, but I don't really think of him that much. Sometimes, he slips on my mind, but not most of the time.

Klo and I call each other every now and then. We made sure that we update each other with what's happening with our lives. She went to a university in LA, while I wento to a university in Manhattan.

A week ago when she called me, I told her about a guy, Justin, who was my lab partner and my best friend. He's good-looking, smart, ambitious—in short, he's perfect. He was my first friend here in uni and eventually, he 'fell' for me . But I told him that I was not yet ready to be in a relationship with anyone and he totally understood it because he knows what happened to me and Ross. Instead, we became best friends. And I'm totally happy with that.

But Justin was not my only best friend. I also have a best friend named Lili and we met in an unfortunate way. She was in one of my classes. Originally, we were frenemies because we had a one-on-one in a debate and she lost. Since then, she always rolls her eyes whenever she see me, but smiles at me when Justin was around—she has a crush on him. But after a certain event that had happened, we became instant friends. And now, we're bffs. How cool, right?

-/-/-/-/-/-/-/-/-/-/-/-/-/-/-/-/-/-/-/-/-/-/-

When we were in one of our classes, our professor announced that there would be a seminar in Ohio and she picked me, Justine, Lili and two more students to attend the said seminar. I forgot what was the seminar about but she mentioned that there would be other students from schools around the country too. All I remembered was that she mentioned it would be in Ohio State University.

We were excited for the seminar for we were going to be excused in our classes for 4 days because it was 2-day seminar and we were given one day to explore the city and the remaining one day is for our rest day.