Chapter 22

I was rolling in the bed for the last hour trying to sleep, but I couldn't. I know laying in the bed all day wasn't a great way to celebrate my birthday. But what else could I do? Ross was too busy to even talk to me. Justin have work and he couldn't get out of the clinic because it was a busy day. Klo's in Vegas because she had to meet someone there. I have no one.

I groaned in my pillow, then got up to make myself something to eat. I heard my stomach was grumbling like crazy, so I decided to make some chicken alfredo, my favorite, because it was my birthday anyways. I think I deserve some good food, right?

I was in the middle of cooking the sauce when I heard someone knocking on my door. I furrowed my brows because I wasn't expecting any visitors. I lowered the heat of the stove, then walked to the door. I peek into the peephole to check who it was. Unfortunately, something was covering my peephole, so I couldn't properly see the face of the person behind the door. I sighed as I opened the door.

"What can I do for you?" I asked. The person in front of me was covering her face—I could that she was a girl—with big red balloons.

My jaw dropped when she removed the balloons from her face. Can you guess who it was? It was Klo!

I scream and hugged her tightly. She chuckled as she rubbed my back.

"I thought you're in Vegas?" I asked, pulling away slightly from the hug.

She shrugged her shoulders and laughed. She pulled me into an hug againand whispered, "happy birthday to my best friend slash fave person in the world."

We stayed there for a while before I invited her inside. But she shook her head rapidly and smirked.

"What? I made chicken alfredo. Come on, let's eat." I said, pulling her inside.

But she was a lot stronger than me, so I couldn't pull her inside. I gave up and sighed.

"Why? Is there something wrong?"

"There isn't," she said, pulling away a big handkerchief from her back pocket. "We need to go somewhere, but you need to wear this first."

I raised my left brow and said, "what? But I'm still cooking ch—?"

She cut me off by shushing me and put the handkerchief in my eyes to use it as a blindfold.

"Klo what are you doing?"

"Just trust me."

I felt her arms wrapped around my waist to guide me as we walked towards I don't know where. She stopped walking and I did too and heard her push a button, maybe the elevator button. I heard a ding and it was a sign that the elevator was open. We went inside and I heard a few buttons was pushed again.

I heard a few dings and I could feel some people entering the elevator. I suddenly felt ashamed.

"Klo, can I take this off for a while? I look insane," I whispered.

She chuckled softly and whispered, "it'll be worth it, just trust me."

I sighed again and waited until we reached our floor.

I heard another ding and Klo reached for my waist and led me outside the elevator. I think were in the lobby because I could hear people talking and the cars honking.

I could tell we were heading outside because the noise of the cars were getting louder and louder. I forgot that there were a few steps at the front of the door of the lobby, so I stumbled a bit, but thankfully Klo caught me before I fell to the ground.

"Oops," she said before she laughed at me.

I faked a laugh and continued walking.

"Okay, so we're going inside a car so watch your head," she instructed.