Sneak peek! New posts starting May 1st

Hi everyone!

Super excited to share what I've been working on since January.... I finished the last page in my notebook yesterday.

This bad boy contains 45,000 words of Dark Star! Woohoo!

NEW Posts Starting May 1st

I'll be posting regularly again every Monday and Thursday starting on May 1st. It's been a long wait and I'm grateful for your patience, and the kind words of encouragement I've received in the last half year.

I have to admit that I'm proud of the writing I've done in the last few months. It's SO exciting to see so many elements of the story coming together finally. I know I loved writing it and I hope you're going to love reading it!

So, without further ado, I bring you two sneak peeks of the story coming up:

SNEAK PEEK # 1 - Shalon meets Blue Jay for the first time

I don't know how I knew it was him, but I recognised him instantly.

He was wearing a leather vest that had seen better days, and his long silver hair was pulled back in a pony tail that draped over his shoulder. He wore a red handkerchief bandana around his neck and long earrings sparkled on both sides of his face, giving him a feminine appearance.

The childish star-struck smile he was beaming at me was far too familiar for my tastes, so I looked away, hoping he hadn't seen the stricken look of panic that consumed me.

Did this man really think I was his wife! The very idea was absolutely ridiculous!

SNEAK PEEK # 2 - Imorah and Liran travel together to The City

Imorah awoke from a deep sleep and the first thing she saw was a nice, young, juicy beetle scurrying past her, just inches from her face. Without thinking, she picked up the beetle, tore off it's little wriggling legs and popped it into her mouth. She was hungry.

"Did you just eat a beetle?" Liran asked from behind her.

Imorah rolled over, stiff from sleeping on the cold, hard ground, and saw Liran standing there, bare-chested with his galibya wrapped around his torso. His hair was wet. Imorah blushed and looked away, concentrating on chewing the cruchy creature. "Yes," she answered, after gulping it down.

"That is disgusting!" he responded, his face a grimace.

"Why?" Imorah asked, confused.

"Why?" he asked, shocked at the question. "Why?" he repeated. "Seriously?"

"Yes, seriously," she answered back.

"Because, because..." he was lost for words. "Because it's disgusting and... because humans don't eat bugs!"

"Yes they do!" Imorah said, sitting up. "In the Shelter our main source of protein is beetle larvae."

"Yuck!" he shook his entire body, as if the information hurt him physically.

"Well," Imorah said playfully, "I have to admit that they're better when they're cooked and spiced, but it's tasty and nutritious. You mean you've never eaten a bug?"

Liran's face was blank with shock. "No! Ugh, ichse!" He flicked his hands in the air like a girl.

Imorah laughed. What a child! "You mean you've never eaten a bug?"

"No!" he was adamant. "It is just... wrong!"

Imorah stood up, angry now, "Oh, I see. So, it's okay to eat sentient animals? That's not wrong?"

"What does sentient mean?"

"It means it has thoughts and feelings!" Unlike you! Imorah thought, but bit her tongue. "You think it's okay to eat a zabi or a goat?"

"Well, yes, of course!" He took a deep breath. "Of course!" he repeated, exasperated.

"Well, I find that disgusting! I would rather eat a thousand raw beetles than one bite of zabi."

Liran shook his head. "You are so strange."

* * *

So, hope you enjoyed those humourous sneak peeks in the journey coming up!

See you on Monday!