5 - Ghosts Of The Past

"M ...." My hands go on his chest, but they stay there, not sure whether to push or just feel how fast and strong his heart is beating on my palms.

"Please ..." He closes his eyes, his hands hold mine, keeping them on their place, maybe afraid that they'll go somewhere else. His forehead rests on mine. "Don't ...."

Suddenly, I feel the urge to hear him ask me to stay, just like how he wanted me to let him stay before. How I want to hear him beg for me to not leave.

But, what if he DOES ask me to stay? Would I?

I don't think so.

Am I fuckin' confusing myself here?

"Mark." I manage to say it this time. "Was there anything good that happened between us?" I ask. "Or is it always either me or you leaving the other? Has it always been like this? Was there ever a time when we didn't have to worry?"

He stays silent. That just tells me that everything was a chaos in our relationship since we started. Maybe even if there were times that we were at peace, those times were rare and easily forgotten.

What kind of twisted relationship did I get myself into? Did Lara curse it before she died? Did she hate me that much?

I heave a loud sigh, closing my eyes.

"But," Mark breaks the silence, putting a finger under my chin and lifting my head up. When I open my eyes again, I'm once more caught in the enchantment his eyes are doing to me. "I wouldn't have it any other way, Cristina. I wouldn't trade it for anything. Nothing in this damned world matters more to me now than you."

_______

"Don't worry, baby. It's just a scratch. But, it fuckin' hurts when you hit it. So, pleeezz..." Mark glares at me.

"You deserve it, Twain." I lean back on the chair and pout. "Where the fuck are you taking me?" Then I glare back at him. "Did you just call me baby?"

He shrugs his shoulders and orders the driver to hurry up.

"Twain!" I put my thumb on one cheek and my forefinger on the other, making him look at me. "Answer me, damn it! Where are we going?"

"Airport."

"What? Why?"

"I'm taking you to Korea with me whether you like it or not."  Mark and I are in a car. It looks like we're arguing. "Cristina," he puts his hands on both my cheeks and looks me straight in the eyes, "will you go to Korea with me?"

The next thing I know, our plane is landing at Incheon International Airport.

The scene changes and were in a room somewhere in the JYPE dormitory.

"What the fuck is your deal with Junior, huh?" He raises his voice at me. "Do you still like him?"

"He's still cute."

"Cute my ass, Cristina." He's yelling now. "You have a boyfriend for fuck's sake. And you flirt with him?"

"Wait a minute," I tease. "Boyfriend?"

"What do you mean?" He stops walking and stands in front of me, his hands on his hips.

"I mean," I continue teasing, letting my finger run down his bare chest. "We're not really officially together, are we? We just fucked."

He furrows his brows and I think it's the angriest I've seen him. "Fucked? You agreed to come with me to Korea and you say we just fucked? How dare you take my love for granted, Cris. What the hell! Am I the only one who thinks we're in a relationship here?"