22 - Karen

I've always hated her. That girl, Cristina Samson, I mean. I don't know if there was ever a time I understood why Trey considered her as one of her bestfriends. Why she even liked her in the first place was a mystery to me.

Yes, she's pretty and all. But, she's just purely selfish, bitchy, and everything a spoiled brat can be.

The first time I saw her, she had that aura of having to have want she wanted. That's what she just showed. Although it was my birthday at that time, in my house, she had Trey and some other guys running around to get her what she needed.

Because I didn't want to lose Trey, I didn't confront her about Cristina. I thought that if we get deeper in our relationship, that she would soon forget her.

But, that didn't happen. Trey spent more time with her than with me.

Still, I was able to endure everything. Because despite all that, she was the most loving and understanding person I've met. She led me through tough times, especially when my mom almost kicked me out of the house when she knew about my gender preference. She'd cook for me ... she used to love cooking. She'd take me to a quiet beach when she knew I was troubled and talk me out of killing myself or the person who bullied me in school - Most of the time, Sandra.

Because of Trey, my life became more meaningful and peaceful.

Until one day, police came over to our house to talk to my parents. And that's when my life took a sudden fall. My whole family was branded as murderers, criminals.

Since I didn't go to the same school as my brother, the mental abuse I received wasn't as harsh as what he had. And that took a toll on him.

My parents and I were beyond devastated when he finally took his own life, the business went down, and to top that, Trey left me.

Her parents heard about my brother and they didn't want anything to do with me or my family.

Trey said, that it'd soon pass, that everything would go back to normal. And when that time comes, we'd be together again. That time, I knew she still loved me, she was just being a good daughter. I understood her ... at first.

However, after my parents rebuilt the business in another place and gained back all the money we lost, and people stopped talking about what happened, Trey still didn't fulfill her promise. Though, she'd call, we'd meet, but, that was it. I wanted us to go back to what we once were, but, she was too busy or maybe she'd fallen back to that girl and forgot about me.

Cristina Samson.

It all boils down to her.

Why was she even born? What good could she have done in her past life to deserve the best in life?

I cursed her. To all the gods I could think of. I tried witchcraft on her but that obviously didn't work. I met someone in New York in my first months in college and she introduced me to 'Voodoo'. It was a desperate and pathetic move. I even thought of paying an assassin. Huh! There were some I know in New York. I have plotted a lot of things against her, but I really didn't put them into action.

I was scared I'd get caught and my parents would relive what happened to my brother.

I was in LA for a week to work on some project for school when I met Bel, Trey's younger sister, in a café. I haven't seen her since I moved to New York for my studies. And, for old time's sake, I joined her for some coffee.

It's when I knew that they were worried about Trey. She hasn't been home for so long. Trey only told them that she had to go overseas to work on something. She called them less and less often. Ever since she started working at the firm, Cris' dad's, she had been spending more time at work than at her studies. Bel said that she didn't even enroll last semester.