2: Bad Boy Burke

banner by AlinaLopez2

•banner by AlinaLopez2

~Mikayla's p.o.v.~

"Bye guys! I'll see you later at lunch," I called out over my shoulder.

"Bye!" Alyssa had yelled, walking to her class in the next building.

Chuckling, I turned around to my locker to get the book I needed for my first period class, math. But then at that moment I noticed the non-existant weight on my shoulders, where my back pack should have been.

Uh-oh.

I must've forgotten it at my house when Aiden was rushing me to get to school. Thank God I didn't have any homework over the weekend.

"Hey Mikayla." A friend from my math class tapped me on the shoulder. Her name was Layla. "Was there any homework for Ms. Daniels?" What a coincidence.

"No, there wasn't." I smiled at her. "Thankfully," I muttered the last part.

"What was that?" She leaned in so she could hear me a little bit.

"Nothing," I waved off her question.

She looked at me weirdly, like she was examining me under a microscope, before her eyes went wide and she pointed at me disbelievingly. "I've forgotten my backpack once, too."

I laughed, accepting the stupidity of my forgetfulness.

Layla waved, saying a quick goodbye when her group of friends called her over. I was lucky enough she considered me a friend, because she fits in more with the popular crowd. Though, she isn't like the stereotypical high school popular snobs, she is actually nice.

If you must know who plays the stuck up, rich, pain-in-the-ass-role, her name is Kate Skye. Even her name screams the word flawless. She was the closest thing to that we had. She was actually nice to the people who didn't dare cross her. But she was a absolute female dog to the people who did. Kate had a lot going for her―the looks; dark, chin-length, red hair and blue-grayish eyes; the followers; all the boys attention; head cheerleader; money; the mansion; people falling at her feet . . . the list probably never ended.

I always stood out of her way so she wouldn't do a thing to torment me just like the other unfortunate people who got the courage to talk back. She'd humiliate them in front of everybody in the hall passing by, and she would use just the right volume so people can't blame her for speaking so loudly on purpose.

The bell rang loudly dragging me from my thoughts. Quickly tying up my hair, I only had five minutes to get to my class on the other side of school. 'Today just isn't my day.' I thought to myself while shutting my locker and high tailing it to my class. While running, I got many rude comments from bumping into others who are also trying to get to class before the tardy bell.