26: The Morning After

a/n:
•do not get the wrong idea with the title of the chapter

__

~Mikayla's pov~

~Mikayla's pov~

I woke up to the vibrations from beside me and groaned as I tried to get used to the light shining in through my window. I picked my phone up from the floor where it was charging all night—I needed to stop doing that, my battery wastes quicker because of that—and saw the message icon on the lockscreen. Smiling a little when I read the name Jacob, I read the message, 'im picking you up'. It only made my smile grow into a full blown grin but it was short lived when my phone vibrated with a different name. Alyssa.

"Hello, my Lovley!" she greeted and I instantly knew she wanted something.

"What do you want?" I asked getting up and dreading the day of school ahead of me as I grabbed some clothes and threw them on my bed.

"Your sympathy?" I could only imagine her smile as she hoped it worked. When she got no reply, she went on. "Me and Max are going out tonight to the theater to watch the Woman in Black 2 and I need soomeone to pick Zac and Sam up from school. Please do it for me?" Zac and Sam were Alyssa's twin brothers, Sam was normal I'd say compared to his brother, Zac, who constantly flirted with me when I went over to Alyssa's house, which is why we always go to her room when they were there. The only person they seemed terrified enough to listen to was Alyssa and it came in handy when Zac would sometimes get frustrating and I wanted him to stop.

I scratched my head, of course I was going to say yes but I was just thinking of Zac. "Can I threaten to call you if Zac doesn't listen?"

"Don't worry, I said if you told me anything at all about him, I'd throw away all the halloween candy he gets this year," she said, knowing I would have agreed either way.

"Okay, so I just drop them off at your house and your parents will be there?" I asked not able to begin to imagine being alone with the little, hyperactive, candy-addicted kids. Sam was normal when compared to his brother, but Zac brought out the worst in Sam.

"Yeah, my dad'll be there, he said he'd do it himself but his leg is still recovering and he had dropped a pan on his knee when he was trying to make himself something to eat . . . " I knew exactly what she meant. A couple months back Alyssa's dad had a stack of metal plates land on his leg when he was working at the construction site he was assigned to, he had to take time off from work, and to Zac and Sam that meant no school bus ride home.

I nodded. "Oka—"

"Just one problem."

"And what's that?"

"They get out at regular time . . . " she said, her voice becoming lower with each word.

I felt like groaning. Regular time was two-thirty and today because it was the final weeks of school, the school was getting out earlier than usual, two hours and thirty minutes earlier to be exact. "Why regular time?" I asked.