27: What's a Cul-de-sac?

Warning: violent content
__

Warning: violent content__

~Mikayla's pov~

"Bye." I waved at Mr. Bazel as he nodded while closing the door. I could hear the distinct sound of the two boys beginning to yell once they weren't in my presence. My walk with the two twin boys after school turned out to be surprising easily, meaning they stayed true to their word of behaving so Alyssa won't take their Halloween candy next year when they go trick-or-treating. Zac wasn't flirtatious in any way and him and Sam weren't so much to handle like they usually would be.

I didn't finish the book like I had planned. When I had sat down on the garden of the boys' school and reached into my backpack, but came up with nothing, I used my phone until my percentage was at thirty and I had to save the rest of the battery. And that was only at one, having a whole hour and thirty minutes to go.

I was halfway to my house when I stopped my walking. My father was most likely there and I just didn't want to face him at the moment. I turned, deciding I was going to walk around for a little bit before going home. Besides, the fresh air won't be so bad for me, especially with summer here and everything, even if it was raining not many day's ago from now. So I began walking aimlessly, passing the boys' school and walking a bit farther than that.

I kept my head down, thinking of today and smiling as I remembered Jason's face when he came running up to me but soon skidded to a halt when he saw where my hand was; holding Jacob's. I was surprised because news hadn't gotten to him yet and he usually knew every rumor, truth or lie, around the school. In the sixth period he'd grilled me about why I hadn't contacted him immediatley of this news. And when I had argued that 'How was I supposed to when I don't have your number?' he brought up social media and how I could've searched him to tell him about it through private messaging. But I had no social media whatsoever. No Facebook, no Twitter, and no Instagram. Nothing. After I had said that, he had finally let the argument go and then we moved onto more subjects, like, why I haven't been turning in anything at all.

And even if I was getting the boy I dreamed of for a couple weeks now, my crap life would always be this big and ever lasting drama TV show. I hate my father, my mother (I have now resorted to calling her mother even if she was once the only parent I had hope for to take me out of all the misery that was my life) wants nothing to do with me, I was drinking now when I had always vowed to never drink a full bottle, and sometimes I worry if Jacob would only add on to that pressure because, who's to say we were going to last forever? What if one day we end horribly and then I'd of lost another close person in my life.

When I looked up to see which way I would turn, I saw I came up to a dead end. I rolled my eyes thinking about how the people in charge of this should put a sign warning others about it, but then I felt embarrassed when I remembered I had almost bumped into a rod warning me of a 'cul-de-sac' and disregarded it because, how was I supposed to know cul-de-sac meant dead end? I turned around, sighing at my ignorance but was pushed back against the wall that separated the street from a highway, harshly. I screwed my eyes shut from the pounding pain in my head, the pain going through my skull, I felt the throbbing in my elbow when it had bumped into the wall along with my head and back when I was being pushed back, and my back felt like it took most of the crash. I felt heavy breathing on the side of my neck.