15: And Then He Kissed Her

a/n:

•sorry if there is any spelling or grammar errors
•enjoy reading

•sorry if there is any spelling or grammar errors   •enjoy reading

~Mikayla's pov~

I swung open the door of the school I was immensely late for and started running down the halls to my locker.

Jacob had been texting me until two o'clock in the morning about what he should buy for the dog and what he shouldn't and since I've volunteered at a pet shelter, he knew I knew more than him about animals. Two in the morning. How do you have that many questions about a dog? Hundreds, apparently so.

I entered the combination of my locker, but I guess I put it in wrong because it didn't open when I pulled on the pick.

Right now, it was probably towards the end of first period. Because of my going to sleep late, it led me to sleeping in late. It was when my very loud ring tone signalling I have received a text was what I woke up to.

Entering the combination in right this time, I yanked open the locker making it slam into the one next to mine.

"Jacob and his dumb questions. 'Should I get those paper things where the dogs do their business on?' Unless you want Rocky to be peeing and pooping all over the house then no," I muttered to myself.

In the hurry I was in, I pulled my book out with all my strength when it got caught on something, and then I dropped that book along with my binder and a bunch of papers flew out of the side pockets.

I groaned and bent down to pick them up. When I had about five papers in hand, I heard footsteps and then someone's hands started to help me in picking up the mess I made.

We had gathered all the papers together and I stood up to the thank the person but completely froze when I saw who it was. You know that saying, 'Speak of the devil, and he shall appear'?

Yeah, that so did not apply to me.

"Leave me alone," I ground out before spinning around to place all this stuff in my binder. I was already in a bad mood, and talking―or arguing―with Aiden would make me even more upset that I may or may not hit him.

He grabbed my elbow but I slapped his hand away before he could pull me to face him. "Just listen. I really do love you, but I'm not asking you to forgive and be my girlfriend again," at this I turned and forgot about the textbook I had placed on the floor when I was going to pick up my papers and left it there, "but, I do at least want to know that we leave off on good, or at least neutral terms. I'm not asking you to forgive me or be my friend or to even begin to talk to me again, although that would be great; all I'm asking for is that we can be civil with each other." He paused. "And, if you can . . . and want to, can you ask Jacob, Max, Ethan, Adam, and Jesse to stop glaring at me. I feel like one of them is going to come up to me and beat me up, and I think they're stronger than me, honestly―"