14: Rocky

a/n:
  •i know close to nothing on how to skateboard, so I'm sorry if I get some of the stuff wrong in this chapter.

a/n:  •i know close to nothing on how to skateboard, so I'm sorry if I get some of the stuff wrong in this chapter

~Anonymous' pov~

I was just pulling out of the parking lot of Wal-Mart with the groceries next to me in the passenger seat, but stopped suddenly making me jerk forward when I heard barking at the back of my car.

Taking a peak at the rear-view mirror, the reflection of a dog came into my vision, barking at me like there was no tomorrow. I honked, expecting it to get scared and whimper away, but it continued to bark and even let a couple growls out with a snarl on it's mouth, letting the teeth show.

"Come on!" I yelled. First I had to deal with this lady who got twenty-thousand things and it took forever to ring her things up then she forgot the mustard so she had to go all the way to the back of the store to retrieve it. Then there was a baby in back of me, who was screaming and crying their head off, the father not having a clue of what to do.

Opening the door and slamming it I started walking to the dog. I tried kicking it lightly hoping it'd get the hint and move. People would give me weird looks as they walked passed to their cars or to the store.

"Go. Come on," I demanded, nudging the foot a bit harder, but not hard enough to where it's going to cry out in pain. "Go awaaaaayyyy," I dragged out when it didn't move a muscle.

I smiled as an idea came to mind.

I walked back to my car and leaned over the drivers seat to the passengers. Searching through the brown paper bags the dog's barking resumed, I stopped when I found what I was looking for and returned with my feet placed before the paws of the dog.

Bending down to my knees, I wiggled the slice of ham in front of the nose. His barks paused and he eyed the ham in my hands, but didn't make a move to grab it between his teeth. I let him look at it for one more second before tossing it diagonally to the next row of cars.

It took a glance at the discarded piece on the floor then looked at me blankly.

I tried to force it to look at the ham by putting my hand under the chin and trying to turn the head to face the ham, but instead he bit my thumb.

"Ow!" I yanked my hand back and inspected it.

After my reaction, maybe I imagined this, but I think the dog sat straighter knowing he inflicted pain on me and then turned, making sure to hit my face with its tail and walked away, but not before picking up the ham from the floor and disappearing between the cars.

***

~Mikayla's pov~

School dragged on uneventfully, except for the time during lunch when Adam bumped into Kayla, the girl that had accidentally mistaken his mom's car for her's and she had been blushing like crazy. And then when Jacob had almost tripped over someone's foot with his tray in hand. But then Max started flirting with Alyssa and she had no idea what to say back because she had no experience with guys whatsoever, except for Nick. Oh, but then Ethan had started laughing so hard at something Adam had commented on and his lemonade had spilled through his nose.