Chapter 3

Jackson's POV

We met everyday at 8pm for the next couple of days. I somehow managed to plead with my manager asking him an hour of free time with the excuse of being stressed out,after being confined in the studio and practice room all day. He reluntantly agreed as long as I stuck to the one hour limit.

We talked about a lot of stuff. Maybe I did all the talking but she was always such a good listener and it felt nice to have someone I could share things with.

But I did learned a lot about her as well. She was half Japanese and half american and has two elder brothers who were working in japan while her parents were currently working in Singapore. She was mostly on her own, sent to boarding school when she was 9. From what I gathered, she was always that student who kept mostly to herself and focused only on what she had to do. The more I got to know her, that little feeling that had been creeping inside of me seemed to be only growing even bigger. I suppose I'd grown quite fond of her? Yeah? That could probably it.

Today I was extra excited because we were let off early from work and I immediately wasted no time and went back to the dorm to take a shower and change the moment we were done. I knew that she would be at the cafe since she always did her assignments there once her classes were over.

I rushed out of the door and accidentally bumped into Jaebum, our group leader.

'Where are you off to in a hurry?'

'Just going out,' I quickly replied, walking away from him slowly, a sheepish grin on my face.

'Where?' He insisted.

'Here, there.'

'Riiighht. Just take care of yourself alright and don't get into trouble.'

'Of course Daddy!'

'Idiot.' He smiled and went inside.

I literally ran the moment I was out of the dorm. I wanted to reach there as early as possible because I wanted to take her out somewhere and maybe do something fun that day. I think we both needed the break.

The minute I reached the cafe, I stopped to catch my breath. I probably looked a little bit disheveled so I straightened my shirt and looked at myself in the reflection of the window. Meh, good enough .

I entered and saw her at our usual seat in the back, engrossed in her work as usual. She always had her mask on,and I couldn't help myself the other day and questioned her about it, curious as to why she always refused to take it off. She said that it sort of made her feel secure, that no one would bother or look at her if she wore it. She had a habit of doing that since she was a kid. She had glasses on back then, and felt like as long as she was behind those glasses, no one would bother her.

I had a feeling she had no reason to feel insecure. I knew behind that mask, there was a beautiful person. Even if I haven't seen her face yet, I already thought she was a beautiful person inside. I just hope I'd be able to make her see that someday.

I shook all those thoughts away and creeped up slowly behind her with the intention of scaring her.

'Boo!'

She turned around immediately and before I could even duck,

'Ouch!!!'

She just hit me on the head with her wooden ruler!

'At this rate, I'm gonna end up with bruises all over my body Riannon!' I whined as I massaged my head.

'I'm sorry I thought it was some creep! Well not so sorry though since it's you.' 
I knew she had an evil smile plastered on her face again.