Chapter 6

Jackson's POV

Today is finally the big day. And truthfully, I was really excited. I was slightly a bit nervous as well because it was the first time Riannon would see me perform and I didn't even know why I felt that way. I had been on stage countless of times but yet, here I was, feeling all jittery about this one.

Yesterday after lunch, Yugyeom and I dropped her off and he gave her a ticket to come see us at our show. Why does he even carry free tickets around? But he ruined my plan anyways since I was also thinking of inviting her as well but like lunch yesterday,he beat me first to it. I wasn't even mad, that kid never failed to make me laugh. It was funny how he just met her and he was already attached. He's a lovable boy and he loved making new friends.

I looked down at my watch and realised it was almost time. Just a few minutes left till we start. I wondered if she was already there. The ticket Yugyeom gave her were front row seats near the stage. Maybe I could go take a quick peek and search for her.

I went to the wings and tried my best to get a glimpse of her. I was scanning the front row and I spotted her immediately. She was quietly sitting on her own, fiddling awkwardly with the handle of our band's lightstick. I couldn't help feeling really happy at the sight of her.

I was jumping up and down and bit down on my fist to stop myself from screaming like an idiot when someone patted me on the back.

'What are you so happy about?' Mark asked with a glint of humour in his eyes.

'Nothing! Just looking forward to the show and the fans!' I replied quickly. Yugyeom was there behind him, sending a wink my way.

'Uh huh. I believe you.' I knew he was on to me but he left it at that.

'Come on. It's time.'

I took in a deep breath before going to our assigned positions and hoped that she would like the show. I also hoped that she wouldn't make fun of me either later. But whatever it is, I wanted to give it my best especially since she was watching.

Riannon's POV

I had never been to any concert before and frankly,I was never really interested anyways. This was my first and somehow I was excited about it, my eyes darting across the large stadium, taking in everything.

Maybe because you're gonna see Jackson perform.

A little voice inside me said.

Well he is my friend so obviously I'd be happy for him.

But then there was that nagging feeling at the back of my head telling me that I might have gone a little soft for a certain someone.

I shook my head. No! I couldn't. I couldn't let myself feel any of that. Not after everything that had happened.
Old memories were slowly resurfacing but I pushed them away immediately. Right now was definitely not the time to think about that.

I was here to have fun so that's what I was going to do.

The lights were dimmed signalling that the show was about to start, my mind focused on the stage in front of me again. I was on the edge of my seat, just as excited as the rest of the fans.

Boom!

Fireworks lighted up the whole arena and the members appeared, one after the other from the hidden doors beneath the main platform.

I had to admit, that was impressive.

They started singing the first song and as Jackson's part came up, I cheered him on. Seeing as it was a one time thing, I realised I might as well let my usual self go even if I'd probably never hear the end of it later from him.

And I was honestly amazed. He sounded really good! I focused on the next lines of his verse,relying on the little bit of the language that I understood and that raspy voice of his made me feel all tingly inside,something I haven't felt in so long.

No Riannon! You can't! I stopped myself from going further.

As the show went on,I couldn't deny that I was having so much fun. The energy they were emitting was just too contagious to ignore and I found myself jumping along with everyone else. I felt really happy and somewhere inside, though I haven't known him for quite long, I was proud of him as I watched him pour his soul out into the performance.

He took a few quick glances at me every now and then and gave me a small smile. It always made my heart beat faster every time he did.

2 hours later, and I was so exhausted from all the jumping and decided to sit down as they sang their last track, 'Confession song'. They each had a rose in their hand, I noticed as they walked around the stage extensions. I was just wondering why but my question was immediately answered when I saw them approaching the fans. The other members were walking around, choosing a fan they wanted to present it to and threw it in their direction. Everyone were screaming and my ears felt like they were probably gonna suffer a lot after the show.

But my eyes were glued to one person and apparently he seemed to be on the same train of thought. His eyes bore into mine and I felt like a nervous teenage girl all over again. It felt like an eternity as he took each step towards me, like time suddenly slowed down and nothing else around mattered. The cliche scene that you would usually see in the movies except this wasn't one. Now I know what it felt like, it was as if no one else was around, just the two of us, the sound around us muffled.

He sent me his signature smirk and as they sang the last words, 'I love you..baby I..I love you,' he threw the rose in the air for me to catch.

It neatly landed on my lap since I was too stunned to do anything . He smiled at me again and walked back to the main stage, as the fans around me screamed again and the world felt like it was back to the normal timeline.

I didn't even realise that I was holding my breath, or the fact that my heart probably missed a beat. As I looked down at the rose in my hand,all I could think was,

Oh Riannon, you are so screwed.

Thank you for reading. Maybe it was kind of cheesy but i couldn't help it :')

 Maybe it was kind of cheesy but i couldn't help it :')