Chapter 24

Riannon's POV

I was on my way to the park to meet up with Yugyeom,zipping up my jacket as the cold wind hit my body. The idiot called me at 4, more than twenty times before I finally picked up, thinking it was an emergency but all he wanted was to go for jogging with me since his usual jogging partner, Bam bam wasn't well. Dark gloomy clouds hung in the sky, a thin fog surrounding the edge of the park as it came into view. I grumbled to myself, I could've been sleeping peacefully and snuggled under my warm blanket right now.

As I drew nearer, I could see Yugyeom's large frame at the swings. He was in his running attire but why the hell does he have cute cat like ear muffs on? I couldn't help but smile,the kid really was such a dork, an adorable one you couldn't possibly say no to.

'Riannon! I'm so glad you made it! I thought your lazy ass had fallen back to sleep again and I'd be left waiting here on my own.' His face cracked into a huge grin as he jumped off the swing. Well so much for being adorable.

'Yeah well. Maybe I should have. If it starts pouring and I get soaked, then you're definitely treating me to lunch for the whole week.' I trudged on ahead of him heading for the gravel pathway.

'Oh come on! It's for your own good as well. You need to keep in shape to look good for Jinyoung! Where else would you find such a caring friend like me?' He shouted while trying to catch up to me.

I turned back and smacked him hard on his chest. 'Shut up! You know better than anyone that Jinyoung is just a friend as well. Now more running, less talking!'

He had a wide cheshire grin on his face and walked past me easily with his wide strides.
'Fine. But let's see if you can keep up with my long legs Smurf.' He ran ahead and stuck out his tongue at me.

Why did I even agree to this in the first place? I didn't have the time to whine as I picked up my pace to go after Yugyeom.
----------------------------------

An hour later, I was gasping for air and leaning against the rough bark of the tree, my calves on fire and my lungs screaming for oxygen.

'For a moment there, I thought for sure that you were gonna surpass the sloth and take the trophy for the first place of being the slowest animal.' Yugyeom ran towards me, holding a bottle of cold water in his hand,
that mischievous smile still stuck on his childish face.

I didn't say anything as I grabbed the bottle in his hand and chugged the water down, feeling slightly relieved as I felt the cold liquid soothe my burning throat.

I collapsed into the nearest bench, trying to catch my breath and Yugyeom occupied the space beside me. We sat and talked for a while before we finally decided to head home again since each of our schedules were packed. When I got home, I went straight to the showers then got dressed for college, my body longing for my comfortable bed but I had important classes to attend.

The day dragged on like any other, uneventful and I was glad, I needed a bit of normalcy in my life no matter how dreary it may seem. However,as the last period was about to end, I received a text from Yugueom.

*the clown97: Hi Riannon, make it to Yongsan park by the fountain, 5pm sharp okay? It's important. Love you.*

Love You? Did he hit his head somewhere? He never says that. I looked at the weather outside and wondered if it was a good idea since I forgot to bring an umbrella in case it rains. I would have taken a ride from Jinyoung but he was also busy and said that he would meet me later at the cafe instead. I didn't have time to go back home either,as I turned to look at the clock, it was already 4pm. So I decided to take a cab there from the university campus.

As I made my way to the park, I couldn't shake the feeling of anxiety at the back of my head. Something didn't feel right but I tried to shrug it off as I reached my destination. I paid the driver and took the shortest route to the fountain that Yugyeom was talking about, hoping that I wasn't too late since it was already 10 minutes past 5. Thick trees surrounded the pathway on both sides and I felt a bit nervous,walking alone as the darkness was creeping in. I wondered why Yugyeom chose this particular park of all places since there were hardly anybody around here at that hour. But I felt the relief wash over instantly as I spotted a bright light ahead of me.

I took a few steps forwards but immediately recoiled back into the trees and the safety of their shadows as I stared open mouthed at the scene in front of me. The fountain was decorated with pretty lights and small white benches were set up around it, all perfectly placed under the canopy of a temporary tent. I felt like I was intruding into something private but my heart felt that familiar twinge as my eyes fell on the people present.

Gathered around the fountain,were a small group of attendants, Yugyeom's band mates included and in the middle of the group were none other than Jackson and Jiyeon. I was trying to figure out what was going on when I heard Mister Jyp's loud voice echo through the crowd.

'Thank you all for making it, on such a short notice, despite the dull weather. We couldn't hold the function anywhere else for fear of the reporters getting wind of the news before we are prepared with the statements. But also because, this park holds a close sentiment to our lovely couple here,' he shot a fond look at Jiyeon and Jackson, 'As this is the place where they first met. We just had to let all our close friends know of this wonderful news we received this afternoon. I better let the man himself break it to all of you. Come on Jackson, don't shy away now. Tell everyone.' Mister Jyp urged as he nudged him on the shoulders.

I held my breath as I watched him stand up and clear his throat. My mind was screaming at me to walk away before I hurt myself again when I was already starting to heal but at the same time, I wanted to know what was so significant that they were all assembled here. A part of me already knew what to expect, but I was trying to convince myself that I might just be wrong.

'Thank you guys, this day is definitely special for us and I'm happy to share it with all of you.' Please tell me this isn't happening. Please let this be a dream. Please... 'Well let me just get straight to the point,since you all have been patiently waiting for quite a while. After being together for quite sometime now.. Jiyeon and I decided it was time to take our next big step...so..as of this day, Jiyeon and I... are finally engaged.'

Everyone stood up from their seats, a thunderous applause breaking out. He looked to his side as she came and stood beside him, a loving look on her face. She hugged him tight as he turned his back to me to wrap his arms around her. I felt a painful stab in my chest as I took in the sight, unable to turn away. I wasn't sure if she could see me, but she looked straight my way as she pulled back slightly from the hug, her left hand raised to caress his cheeks. I could feel the hatred and pain intermingle with one another as her actions triggered the foreign emotions inside my heart. She had a smirk on her face as she lifted her toes to kiss him deeply as everyone else cheered around them, rejoicing the good news.

I, on other hand, felt dead inside as my heart was crushed again.

---------------------------------------------