Chapter 5

Jackson's POV

I would never get used to this, no matter how many years of training I had gone through. My back was aching a bit after yesterday's rehearsals. It might look like martial arts tricking seemed easy when I performed, but it still hurt sometimes.

We all got a break for the day since tomorrow was the concert and we definitely needed to save all our energy. If I thought about it, rehearsals went really well anyways and I felt relieved that all the hours of practice paid off.

I was relaxing peacefully in bed and thinking about what I wanted to do when Yugyeom,the youngest member barged into the room.

'Jackson bro!! You owe me a treat remember??! And right now is the perfect time! I'm hungry!! I want steak! Steak! Steak! steak!' He started screaming in my ear.

He was so huge for his age but still such a baby. Giant maknae indeed, a title befitting his stature and his personality.

'Alright! Alright already! Stop torturing my poor eardrums! We'll go!' I shouted back and agreed right away just to get him to shut up.

'Yay! Get ready in 5! I'll be waiting downstairs!' And with that he ran out of my room with glee.

I smiled. That kid was so demanding but he knew I would do anything for him. Since I didn't have any siblings myself, Yugyeom was like my own younger brother to me. I got up before he starts yelling again, and changed into my black t- shirt and jeans and headed downstairs.

'Let's go bro! I know a place that makes good steak!'

We got into the car and headed out towards the restaurant. It was a peaceful drive, we had our favourite playlist on and Yugyeom's occasional random outbursts as he screamed the lyrics out loud. I was lost in the rhythm of the beat and enjoying the music when not even halfway there and Yugyeom suddenly banged his fist on the armrest.

'STOP!! STOP!! STOP!!'

I hit on the brakes immediately and the car screeched to a halt.
'What??! What's wrong???!!!' I panicked as I looked at him.

'Tee hee.' He gave me that innocent smile before raising his fingers,
'Claw machine.' He stated and pointed out at one just outside a pet shop, which consisted of various pokemon plushies.

I should have known. He was such a nerd when it comes to the show. I was a fan of it as well though I'd never be caught admitting it.

'Fine. Fine. Let's go.'

We got off the car and went to the claw machine. He inserted a few coins and was solely focusing on the bulbasaur on the extreme left of the machine while I was just leaning on the wall and looking around. As my eyes swept over the windows of the pet shop, I noticed a familiar face huddled in the corner around a box of kittens.

'Riannon!!' I waved excitedly, my heart skipping a beat at the sight of her but I ignored it.

'Over here!' I shouted again till she finally spotted me. She dropped whatever she was doing and was walking outside towards us. She had her mouth mask on as usual and I noticed she was wearing a bright blue shirt with the shop's name printed on it.

'You work here?' I asked her, a bit surprised.

'Yeah. It's my part time job. I love animals a lot so I figured this would be a good way to spend my free time.'

'Since when have you been working here? And don't you have classes today?'

'A few weeks ago. And no, we have two days off from university so I decided to spend the whole day here.'