Chapter 17

Riannon's POV

My mind was a mess and so was my heart. I knew that I promised myself a long time ago, that I would never ever cry for any guy anymore but I thought that 'this', whatever we had was different. Was I too foolish to believe that it was real? I thought that maybe the media was just randomly throwing accusations as usual to catch the eye of the public. But I don't know anymore, I had been trying to call him but it goes straight to voice mail.

It was like I was trying my best to hold the pieces of my heart together intact, with the palm of my hands before I find out the truth from his own lips but it was impossible as the daggers seemed to pierce right through my fingers everytime I looked at their picture together. So many thoughts were running through my mind,so many possibilities and explanations but every one of them making less sense than the previous. The one question that really stood out above all others was.. why?

If it was true then why?

Why would you do this to me? Was I not worth an explanation? I think a warning would have been really helpful. At least I could have braced myself but nothing prepared me for this heartache. It was worse because he was completely ignoring me.

I sat on my bed, my knees curled up against my chest, the tears on my cheeks have already dried. I couldn't stomach anything either. The rational part of me was urging me to get up and stop moping around but the other broken half just wanted to stay in bed and sleep all day.

I was broken out of my thoughts as I heard my ringtone blaring loudly. I picked it up immediately, hoping it was Jackson but my disappointment only grew even more as I looked at the unknown number on my screen. I pressed the receive button anyways, just in case.

'Hello. Is this Riannon?' An overly sweet woman's voice spoke on the other end of the line.

'Ummm..yeah? Who's this?'

'Oh this is Jackson's friend speaking.' My heartbeat started picking up at the mention of his name. Nobody knew about us except Yugyeom so who was this woman? 'He wanted me to let you know that his company is organising a party in Four Season's hotel in light of the charity events they held last week. And he would like you to be there. He couldn't let you know personally because of his busy schedule so I'm calling on behalf of him. You are coming, right ?'

Huh? I was so confused.

'Errm. Okay.' I replied hesitantly not really taking in whatever she said.

'Great. The event starts at 7pm. See you there!' She chirped happily and hung up.

Charity event? Party? What? I wasn't even aware of anything. Am I that insignificant to him all of a sudden that he couldn't let me know himself? Did he really want me to be there? My head was going burst from all the unanswered questions. So maybe this event would also be a good chance for me to talk to him and get some clarifications.

I sighed and headed over to the bathroom. I needed a long hot shower to clear my head and prepare myself emotionally for the evening. As the water hit my body, I coudn't help the few tears that had threatened to escape since I picked up that call, I just felt so lost. But hopefully I'd get some answers tonight. I let my mind wander as the hot water helped my body to relax, a part of me dreading what he had to say but then it would be better to hear the truth now than later.
-----------------------------------

I was standing in front of the Hotel entrance and contemplating whether I should enter or not. I looked around and many guests had already arrived, nobody I knew obviously. Maybe this was a bad idea, maybe I shouldn't have come. I didn't even belong here.

What the hell was I thinking?

But before I could back out and turn back home, I heard my name being called out.