Chapter 27

Jinyoung's POV

After half an hour of continuous shouting and humour filled squabbles, we reached their place, the atmosphere in the car becoming peaceful and quiet again after they left. I was about to make a turn to go drop Riannon next when I realised I forgot a few important documents back in the company studio. It was just a few minutes away so after asking her if it was alright with her, we decided to go fetch them first.

When we reached the parking lot, I noticed we weren't the only ones there as I parked in the empty space next to the black Mercedes.

'What are you guys doing here at this time of the night?' Jackson asked, a note of indifference in his voice, but I could tell he was hiding many emotions behind that blank mask.

'We should be asking you the same.' I replied back, with the same distant tone.

'I have a lot work to finish. Later.' He cut it short, his eyes fixed on Riannon longer than he should before he turned around and walked away towards the elevator.

'Well that was awkward.' Riannon sighed as she stared at his dark figure in the dim basement.

'It'll get better. Don't worry.' I smiled reassuringly and got out of the car. 'Do you wanna come up with me? Or you wanna wait in the car?'

'Maybe I'll come up with you. No offence but your company's basement is creepy.' She laughed as she looked around the dark, gloomy space.

'Fine. Let's go get the papers and get out of here.'
She got out of the car and was walking towards me, when her expression suddenly changed to a horrified one. 'Jinyoung!!!! Look out!!!!'

Before I could turn, I felt a sharp blow on the back of my head, the intensity of it sending ripples of pain throughout my whole body. But before the person could swing again, I managed to duck and pushed my whole weight forward as I tried to knock him down. We fell down on the hard concrete floor, and I managed to grab the weapon the man used against me and threw it far away from his reach. I punched him hard across the face, landing one blow after the other before he stopped resisting and laid there, unmoving.

Just when I thought it was over, a scream pierced through the quiet parking lot. I whipped my head around and saw Riannon fighting off another man who was trying to pull her away with him. He slapped her hard across the face as she put up a struggle. I stood up, feeling a bit light headed because of the blood loss from my scalp but I ran towards him, anger spurring me forwards.

'Let her go!!'

The man froze for a second, giving Riannon time to push him away, putting enough space to send a kick directly on his chest. He stumbled back a few steps and tripped on the weapon of the first attacker that I tossed away and landed on his back.

'Riannon.' I immediately took the last few strides and held her in my arms. 'Are you hurt?' I skimmed my fingers gently over her face, noticing the contusion slowly forming on her right cheek and the blood oozing from the corner of her lips. 'Who are these people? We better leave before more of those arrive and we should inform the police!'

In the next few seconds everything happened so fast that I couldn't react in time. The first man I had knocked down came up behind Riannon and stabbed a syringe on her lower back. Before I could comprehend the situation, I felt a sharp pain
as someone hit me hard on my spine, leaving me gasping for breath and bringing me down to my knees. Riannon's body went limp, and we both fell to the floor as my weak arms gave way, unable to bear the weight of her unconscious body and hold my own strength.

'You guys are not going anywhere,' I heard a low raspy voice say somewhere above us. The second man who Riannon had kicked earlier was now hovering over our bodies. I could hardly move my limbs as I tried my best to reach out to her still form.
No, this can't be the end.. Please Riannon..please be okay..

'What should we do about him? You only need her don't you Ryan?' I heard one man say to the other as they walked a little farther away from us and spoke in hushed tones.

'We'll leave him be. He doesn't look like he'd able to move for a long time and we don't wanna get into extra trouble. She'll clean up this little mess anyways.' The first one replied.

While they were both busy in their conversation, I slowly slipped my fingers inside my pocket, trying my best to ignore the dull aching pain in my head and pulled out a tiny device my security head always made me carry around in case I ever needed it. Inch by inch, I stretched my arm slowly towards Riannon's shirt and tucked it underneath. Satisfied that it was secured on well enough, I placed my hand on hers and tried to shake her.. please wake up Riannon, wake up... I silently begged, desperation digging at whatever is still left of my consciousness as I stared at her bruised face.

'Oh you are still awake after all that loverboy?' One of them sneered. I raised my head as much as I could and saw them approaching us. I looked back at Riannon and started panicking. 'Riannon wake up..you need to get up.. open your eyes.. please..!!!' I kept shaking her as I attempted to push myself up off the ground. As soon as I managed to painfully hoist my body up by an inch, they stopped in front of me and kicked me in the stomach, hard.

'You are a stubborn one. I'll give you that. But sorry loverboy. She's mine. Say good bye now.' The bigger one smiled cynically and lifts her body up easily while the other brings in their car.

'No!!! Let her go!! I swear I will kill you if you don't!!' I pathetically attempted to raise myself up again, but only ended up falling down for the second time, the blood loss taking it's toll as I laid there helplessly.

They both laughed and placed her in the backseat,slamming the door shut. 'See you loverboy.. or not.' And with that, they drove away leaving me bleeding on the floor. My mind was shutting down, my eyes drooping low and my body wanting nothing more than to succumb to a deep sleep. But the need to save her was stronger, as I somehow managed to lift myself up and lean against the nearby wall,staggering miserably on my feet,with everything in my vision,swaying from side to side. 

No. I thought.

No, I can't give up. I need help.. I need to go after her right now..