Chapter 8

Jackson's POV

I wasn't even thinking straight anymore, a strange feeling in the pit of my stomach fueling my actions. I spotted a tumbler of water as I passed by a table and I grabbed that immediately. I guess that was a better option rather than my fist on his handsome face. I went behind him and acted on the first thought that came to my head.

'What the hell man??!!' Henry shouted as I poured the whole tumbler onto his head. The rest of my friends were all snickering but got back to their work when I glared at them.

I ignored him and took Riannon's hand and pulled her away, grabbing a plate of the steak and mashed potatoes and went to sit near the fire.

'Jackson? What was that all about?'

'Eat!' I stuffed a spoon filled with the mashed potatoes into her open mouth.
'No questions, food first!' I put on a huge smile on my face as I did so. Well truth be told, I didn't know how to answer that question and I was also a bit embarrassed that I acted purely out of ..I don't even know what I felt. I just ..couldn't take seeing Henry all over her like that. I don't know if I could ever take any guy being close to her.

Damn it Jackson! What have you gotten yourself into?

'Uh huhhh.' She looked over at me skeptically with her mouth still full. I just wanted to pinch her cheeks and kiss her.

Stop it Jackson!

'Are you having fun?' I asked her, desperately trying to change the subject.

'Yeah I guess so. Aren't you gonna eat as well?'

'Oh yeah, hold on.'

I went over to the guys to take another plate for myself. They started laughing as I approached them.

'Smooth. Real smooth jackson. Way to show everyone who she belongs to,' Sungmin said as he bursted out into laughter again.

'Shut up. He was being his usual flirty self. I was just protecting her from a heartbreak.'

'Whatever helps you sleep at night man,' Dave commented.

I went back to my seat next to her and started eating, soon joined by the rest of the guys except Henry. They informed me that he immediately went home after what happened earlier.

Meh. He'll get over it.

The boys were currently sharing some of my old embarrassing stories with Riannon and she was having so much fun and tearing up out of laughter at my expense.

'Don't you be so humble yourself Namjoon. You should show her some of your powerful dance moves that you keep hidden under your sleeves,' Someone shouted.

'Please no!' Minhyuk interrupted. 'We're all doing pretty good without them, thanks!' But at the same time standing up and mimicking Namjoon's infamous steps while the others were laughing at him.

'Let's all play a game since the night is still young!' Dave suggested after a while.

'Yeah sure!' Everyone agreed.

'What shall we play?'

Just as I was about to give my suggestions, I received a phone call. When I took it out and looked at the screen, it was from our producer. I sigh knowing that it was probably important for him to call at this time.

'Guys you go on ahead and play. I got an urgent phone call I need to pick up.' I told everyone.

'Will you be okay for a while?' I quietly added to Riannon. I didn't want to leave her again.