Chapter 19

Riannon's POV

The weather today was just as dull as my mood, I sigh for the umpteenth time as I stared blankly at the foggy window of my lecture hall. Since yesterday, it had been raining cats and dogs, and it didn't look like it was going to stop anytime soon. After the talk I had with Jiyeon,I couldn't help but feel a bit bitter and the resentment I felt towards the woman was only growing after what she said.

~~Flashback~~

'I need to talk to you.' Jiyeon spoke as she came forward, pulling me by my arm and leading me towards a secluded area nearby.

I shook her hand off me, not wanting to be pushed around by anybody regardless of who it might be. She stared at me, eyes wide open, clearly not used to any form of retaliation from people around her.

'You better learn to respect me if you know what's good for you.'

'And what would I get out of that?' I retorted, my mouth throwing back words before I could actually process my actions.

'I could make it hell for you if I wanted to so you better watch it.' She smiled with a look that spoke thousands of her feeling of superiority.

Crazy people, really.

'I don't have time to chit chat with small people like you. Makes me wonder why Jackson even wasted his time with someone so insignificant.' Her statement stung but I had to keep my face straight, refusing to let her words affect me.

'Speaking of Jackson, I came to tell you something or.. let's just say it's more of a friendly warning?' She smirked as she scrutinised my face for any sign of fear. Well she could bark all she want but I wasn't going to give her any permission to run over me. I folded my arms and waited for her to complete her statement. My lack of reaction only instigated her anger as her look turned murderous.

'Listen here, and listen well you despicable little wench. I'm gonna say this only once, and I don't like to repeat myself. Be a good little girl and stay far away from Jackson if you know what's good for him and for yourself as well. You are only in the way and his career will go downhill if he keeps entertaining a pathetic girl like you. And now he realised that finally so get it out of your head that you ever stood a chance and know your place, understood? Stop ruining his life.' She didn't wait for my answer, she pushed past me and nudged my shoulder hard as she went into the car waiting for her at the side of the road.

I didn't even feel the pain nor moved as I let whatever she said sink in, the throb in my chest only growing even more every second as I had clung desperately to the love I had for him and wishing this was all a nightmare.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~
The person seated next to me stomped on my foot hard and I was rudely shaken out of my thoughts. I realised that the professor was looking my way, an expectant look on his face.

'Well Miss Taylor, do you know the answer?'

The guy next to me whispered 'calamari' so I figured he was trying to be helpful and I repeated the answer hoping that he was just asking some random question since the guy answered calamari. And when I did, the whole class burst out laughing but the professor didn't look amused in the slightest.

'I asked what are the causes of Basal cell carcinoma not what you wanted for lunch Miss Taylor.' The guy next to me was snickering a lot and how dearly I wanted to punch that face of his at that instant. I felt so humiliated as I looked at the floor.

'I don't know if I should be worried, concerned or annoyed that you hardly even heard the question even though I've been repeating the question for the third time. I am highly disappointed.' The clock struck 1pm just in time as the sound of the bell ringing vibrated through the corridors. 'Class dismissed. I will see you in the next class Miss Taylor.' The professor added as he left.