Chapter 18

Riannon's POV

'Umm.. Hello. I'm Riannon.' I smiled at him weakly. I was partly too surprised that I hadn't noticed him from the start, partly embaressed and hoping that he didn't see me almost break down and the other smaller part of my mind wondered how could any guy look so ethereal.

Dark raven hair, sharp features,clear light coloured skin. He'd put any model to shame with those looks. What was I even thinking? I shook my head, stopped midway, feeling like I probably looked like an idiot for doing that.

'It's a pleasure to meet you. I don't mean to pry but you must be having a bad day.'

I bit on my lower lip, thinking of how I should respond to that statement. But before I could even come up with anything, he continued on.

'Don't worry, every one has one of those days.' He looked up at the sky,resting his head again against the bark of the tree, seemingly lost in his own thoughts, like he was going through an internal battle himself. 'I am never a fan of such gatherings either, you know? But I get dragged to one of these anyways because work compels me too. Fortunately, I always manage to give them the slip and find such peaceful hideouts till the end of the party though,' he said as he flashed me a gentle smile.

'I can relate. These aren't my usual cup of tea either. I like my bed and the company of my books more,' I replied, my mood feeling lighter at the thought of the tons of novels I borrowed from the library the other day, waiting for me on my bedside table.

'Really?' He looked at me with his eyebrows raised, 'I never thought I'd find another person who prefers the boring quiet life as much as I do,' He said playfully. I couldn't help but return his comment with a grin.

At that moment, we heard footsteps approaching our way.

'Mister Park! I've been looking everywhere for you!' A voice cried out.

'Oops. Busted.' Jinyoung whispered as he pushed himself up from the ground.

A grey haired man, appeared in our view, looking exhausted as he bent over and supported himself on knees to catch his breath. 'They have been calling out your name three times already Mister Park. We need to go immediately.'

'I suppose our little hideout has been infiltrated and exposed sadly,' he said quietly so that only I could hear it. He turned towards me and extended his hands out,a smile on his face, 'It was really nice to meet you Miss Riannon. I hope we cross paths again some time soon.'

I took his hand as he shook it firmly and turned towards the man. 'Let's go get this over with then Lee,' he said with a slight frown on his face and walked towards the hotel.

As I watch his retreating back, I let out a long sigh. Today had been eventful I suppose. But at least I made a new friend.

----------------------------------

The air around me felt humid, I tried my best to suppress a yawn. I was leaning against my desk with my elbows propped up against the table and wondering when would the class be dismissed. The professor was going on and on about the same thing he already taught last week and whatever that was coming out of his mouth was flying way over my head.

Ten minutes later, the clock finally chimed 4 o'clock somewhere outside the lecture hall signalling the end of class as the professor finally stopped and everyone started packing their laptops and their belongings. I gathered my stuff and walked out the class quickly. I was eager to leave and go to Ailee's for a nice bowl of dessert. God knows I deserved to treat myself for all the heartache I've been through the past week. And what better way to alleviate that heartache than through food.