Chapter 7

Dedicated to got7kiwilover2003

Jackson's POV

Yesterday was probably one of the best days of my entire life. I guessed it really lifted my spirits up when I saw Riannon there, cheering us on. I just couldn't contain my happiness thinking about last night's show as I sang happily while changing to my casual attire. I was invited to a barbeque party with a couple of friends and I had to leave in a bit. But first, I needed to make a quick stop by her place to pick her up. I might have purposely forgotten to inform her beforehand but I'd deal with that when I get to her place. I knew there was a high chance she would refuse if I just called her.

20 minutes later and I'm in front of the doorstep of her apartment. I rang the doorbell, a second later, hearing a crash and a loud meow from the other side of the door followed by a curse.

I was laughing as she opened it, a disgruntled look on her face.

'Jackson? What are you doing here?' She looked like she just got out of bed with her messy hair and cute pajamas on.

'Tripped by the cat?' I asked, still trying to contain my laughter.

'Yeah something like that.' She runs her hand through her hair as she turns back and looked at her cat perched on the couch staring back at us with that mischievous yet innocent 'I did nothing at all' look.

'Come in.' She offered.

'Oh we're gonna be late. You're coming to a barbeque party with me.'

'Say what??'

'Bar-be-que paar-tay.'

'I heard you! I heard you! I mean how come all of a sudden? Why didn't you tell me earlier? Why now? Why me?'

'Because I want you to.'

'But I don't wanna.'

'Oh come on! I came all this way. So pleaaasee pweety please accompany me since I don't wanna go alone.' Giving her those puppy eyes again.

'Nope! No way I'm gonna fall for that twice.'

'Pleeeeaaaaasssseeee.' I begged as I wrapped both of her hands in mine with a sad look on my face.

She sighed.

I mentally gave myself a high five knowing I already won.

'Fine! But aren't other people gonna be there?'

'Of course there are. It's called a party for a reason.'

'No you doofus. I meant other, you know, important people ? I really do not want to make a fool of myself and I won't really be comfortable at all.'

'Oh Nah, only a few of my other friends will be there. Maybe only Henry and Namjoon might be present but they're okay. You'll like them.' I convinced her.

'If you say so.' She let's out another sigh and freed her hands from mine. I didn't even realise I was still holding on to them.

'Now go! Move your butt and get dressed before I drag your disheveled self to the party.'

'I'm going. I'm going already.' She groaned as she headed for her room.
-------------------------------------------

10 minutes later and we were on our way again. I kept on taking glances at her even though I was driving, trying to catch her attention. Just 5 minutes ago, I had to wrestle the mask out of her hand before we left and I kept it the back pocket of my pants, earning a silent treatment from her end. But she honestly looked even more cute when she was mad.