Chapter 13

Riannon's POV

I couldn't really decide on what to wear for the first time in my entire life! I mean I had never really cared about mundane things such as appearances but then somehow I wanted to look good for him today.

I slapped my forehead at the realisation.

My, my, my. Somebody sure was whipped.

I mentally cursed myself. Oh screw it, I decided to just put on a simple white dress my mum got for me before I came to Seoul which ended just above my knees coupled with a pair of white block heeled sandals. I finished it off with a grey coloured sweater because it was kind of chilly in the evenings and I didn't wanna take any chances. I put on a light touch of make up just to cover my dark circles forming due to the lack of sleep and the stress owing to my hectic classes and tests.

And I was all done! I hoped that it wasn't  too much,I thought as I bit on my bottom lip nervously. I looked at my watch and it was already 4:50. I guess he'd be here in a while.

Exactly at 5, I heard a car pull up outside my building. Looking out through my window, I saw him getting out and as if sensing my presence above him, he looked up and grinned. I was afraid to admit it, but he looked so handsome in his well pressed black formal shirt and matching black trousers. I signalled to him with my hands, letting him know that I would come down in a minute. He gave me a thumbs up and a flying kiss making me blush like a stupid idiot.

I grabbed my purse and my phone and was locking the door when I heard a sound coming from the end of the dim hallway. I turned but no one was there. My neighbours who lived in the apartments next to mine were all working in the company a few blocks away and they had night shifts so they come home only till morning. Could have been my imagination probably.

Shaking my head, I went back to turning the key in the lock when I saw a shadow move in the periphery of my vision. I grasped my chest and my heart was thumping erratically as I tried to adjust my vision to the dim hallway and see if anything was there. But yet again, it was empty. My mind must have been playing tricks on me. Whatever it may be, I just wanted to get to Jackson as soon as possible. I took quick rapid steps and felt better when I saw him. He had a smile on his face but it was quickly replaced with worry as he noticed the frightened look on mine. He immediately came forward and hugged me, encasing me in his strong embrace.

'Hey, are you okay? What happened?' He cradled my face into his palms as he looked into my eyes.

'I'm okay,' I replied,trying to smile back. 'I thought I saw something but I guess it was just my mind and probably due to exhaustion.'

'Are you sure?' He asked worriedly.

I pecked his lips to assure him that I was alright. He kissed me back with tenderness and breaks away a minute later.

'Hold on, I wanted to give you something. Close your eyes.' I did as I was told and heard him shuffling around inside the car.

'Okay open!' When I did, I was looking at an adorable puppy sized plushie of one of my favourite pokemon, snorlax! I squealed out of happiness and took the plushie in my arms, completely forgetting what happened just a few minutes ago.

'Oh my god Jackson! Thank you! Thank you! Thank you! You're the best!' I hugged him tight and placed kisses on his face.

It only made him laugh out loud at my behaviour. 'I can't say I'm not enjoying this, you attacking my face with kisses but come on, we need to go,' He said as he looked at me lovingly.

----------------------------------------

We headed out god knows where because I wasn't familiar with this part of town. He had one of his hands entwined around my own and the other on the wheel as we enjoyed the drive while music was playing in the background.