Chapter 20

Riannon's POV

15 minutes later and we arrived at my place, the rain still pouring heavily. I glanced out of the window towards the building door,wondering if we should wait or make a run for it. Even if we did wait it out, we'd be stuck here for many hours so might as well get drenched a bit.

'I think it's better we go inside than sit out here. You're gonna catch a cold.' Jinyoung finally said after a while.

'Okay.' I replied deciding it was the better option anyways.

We opened our doors and ran as fast as we could towards the apartment, our shoes making loud splashes with every step. I opened the door of the building quickly and we walked up the staircase, slightly shivering from the cold.

As we stepped into my apartment, a sense of warmth greeted us since the heating system had been switched on. I guess I was kind of glad for the extra utilities despite the rent amount. Jinyoung followed behind me and looked around the space with interest. He always seemed like a curious kid in my opinion.

I went to the bedroom to take out an electric heater for extra warmth and to dry ourselves off and placed it in front of the couch. Thankfully, the distance from the car to the building wasn't much so we weren't really wet.

'Do you have a first aid kit?' Jinyoung asked as his eyes swept around the room.

'Yeah, hold on.' I went to the bedroom again, grabbed the kit and set it down on the table.

'Here, I'll do it,' he said as he stood up from his seat, 'You go warm yourself up.'

I went and sat comfortably on the couch and he sat next to me, gently taking my hand in his as he inspected the small bruises on my palm and my arm. He took a few cotton pads and went to the sink to soak it with water, came back and wiped the dried blood off the cuts. He made sure it was dry before he applied an ointment and rummaged inside for the bandaids. He found my collection of bandages with cartoon prints and looked up at me with an amused expression.

'Really now?' He had a grin on his face and I couldn't help but blush out of embaressment.

'I still like cartoons, so what?' I mumbled as he let out a light hearted chuckle. He carefully placed the bandaids on all the cuts and smiled at his work.
'There! All done.'

'Thank you again for taking care of me Jinyoung.' I really was grateful to him for always helping me out even though I don't ask for it or expect anyone to.

'No worries Riannon. Oh and I have a favour to ask, if that's okay if you.' He said as he turned his face to look at mine.

I figured if there was anything I could help him with, I'd gladly offer my assistance. After all, he had helped me so many times already and it was the least I could do to repay him.

'Well I know how much you dislike social events and believe me I do just as much. But could you accompany me to a dinner party between the various companies tomorrow? We have to bring someone along and frankly, I don't really talk to people much. You're the only ..well..closest friend I have.' He gave me a sincere look and waited for my answer.

I thought about it for a moment and knew in the back of my head that there was a high chance that I might meet Jackson and Jiyeon but if I let them dictate what I do, then I won't be living my own life with freedom to do things as I wished anymore. I had to be stronger than this and be able to face them. And I didn't want to refuse Jinyoung's request since he had had my back so many times already.
It was about time, I did the same for him.

'Alright.' I smiled at him as his eyes lit up, 'I'll go with you tomorrow.'

'Thank you Riannon.' He wrapped his arms around me and I let him, as I leaned my head against his shoulder, hoping I made the right decision.
-------------------------------