Chapter 22

Riannon's POV

I couldn't bring myself to talk, everything came flooding back at that moment,all the hurt,the pain,the unanswered questions. I was afraid if I opened my mouth, I would break down in front of him and I didn't want that. He leaned in closer and I could smell the alcohol on his breath.

'I missed you Riannon.' He softly said, his voice a bit shaky like he was holding back from crying as well.

'Don't. Just don't Jackson. I can't do this..you just left without any explanation. And I tried my best to get over it. You can't just barge right in whenever you feel like.' I was choking on my own words as I tried my best to keep my tone firm. My heart didn't need any more hurt.

He didn't say anything. Instead he ran his fingers through my hair, down to my face, his thumb caressing my quivering lower lip. I wanted to push him away but I couldn't. His hands trailed down the side of my body to my waist at an agonisingly slow pace, like he was trying to savour this little moment with every single second that was passing by, with every touch.

'Why Jackson?' I managed to say through the confusion,the pain piercing through the barriers I had set up. By then, I couldn't hold back the tears anymore.

'Just know that I love you so so much.' He said it with so much emotion,pain intermixed in his words that I almost felt like I could believe him. He ran his fingers up my back and I felt my breath hitch as he pulled my body closer to his. He brought down his soft lips on mine, placing gentle kisses like he was afraid I was too delicate and might break. I was so lost that I didn't stop him, a part of me missing his touch and his love but I couldn't respond. I didn't realise that he was crying as well only till I tasted the saltiness of his tears as I felt his body trembling. My heart hurt and as much as I hated him for what he did, I still wanted to reach out to him and soothe his soul.

The kiss was gentle at first,his own pain hitting me like waves and I was caught in the tides. I didn't know how to react, my arms hanging limply by my side. But before I knew it, I was kissing him back. When he felt that I wasn't resisting anymore,he dived in deeper,our tongues colliding, my hands curled around his collar. I could feel his urgent need through the kiss as the intensity gradually increased. My knees felt weak and I was clinging on to him even tighter as I felt myself going dizzy. He pulled back only to run his lips down my neck,the sound of our laboured breathing filling the room.

I knew this was wrong,but why does it feel so right to be in his arms again?

'Do you know how crazy you drove me when you came in with that guy, Jinyoung?' He whispered as he continued to place kisses on my skin.

My brows furrowed and it was like a bucket of cold water had been poured over me as I caught hold of my senses again. 'Is this what it's all about? You can do whatever you wish but when I finally found a friend in Jinyoung, you decide to come running back?' I slightly pushed him away but he held me firmly in his arms.

'It's nothing like that Riannon. I am sorry that I left, it can't be helped. But at the same time, I want you all to myself and I can't stand the sight of you with him.'

It can't be helped? Is he being serious right now??

'Tell me what you mean by that Jackson? If I really mean anything to you then give me a good reason right now why you left and why it was okay for you to break my heart.' He moved away from me and turned his back towards me.

'I can't.' That was his only reply and I felt the anger take over, more at myself for allowing my stupid heart fall for a moment of weakness.

'Then I have nothing more to say to you as well. Good bye.' I turned the doorknob and was about to walk away when he grabbed hold of my hand.