Chapter 9

Riannon's POV

When I woke up the next morning, I had a killer headache. Note to self, don't ever try drinking that many shots again! Ever! I was never really much of an alcohol person anyways. Never really went well together. I slowly got up and my head felt like it was literally gonna burst. I sat for a while, supporting myself on the wooden edge of the bed and as I opened my eyes, I noticed the glass of water and the medicine on the table.

Jackson.

My heart fluttered at the thought of him. I didn't remember much about what happened after I felt sick but I did know that he took me home. I suddenly felt embarrassed, hoping that I didn't say or do anything stupid in front of him. I buried my face in my hands, knowing there was a fat chance I probably did.

Oh you idiot, idiot, idiot. You surely must have made a fool out of yourself. I smacked my forehead with my palm, which I immediately realised was a bad idea with the terrible headache that I was currently having. I only succeeded at rattling my brain even more, while it was already drowned in a pool of alcohol and regrets.

I couldn't help but feel butterflies though in the pit of my stomach at the thought of Jackson. But then the other sensible part of me kept on telling me that I was just being stupid..even if I finally did admit that I might have something for him, a guy like him could never like someone like me.

I popped in the pill and drank the water. Maybe I needed to sleep in a bit more and just put all those thoughts aside for the time being. I didn't feel like I'd be able to attend classes that day anyways. I got under the blankets again and drifted off to sleep with images of his face swirling in my head.
------------------------------------

I woke up to music blaring loudly in my ears and I swore I was gonna murder whoever dared to disturb my sleep. I opened my eyes and I saw another face near mine and way too close for comfort.

'What the hell??!!!' I gave a strong kick and the person landed on the floor with a loud thump. Whoever it was, was groaning loudly. I peeked over my bed to take a look at the person who invaded my room.

'Jackson?'

'Is that the way to greet a person who was trying to wake you up nicely?'

'You call that nice??!' I was standing on my bed and I had my hands on my hips, ready to give him an earful when he started laughing uncontrollably. 'Okay, maybe I just wanted to have some fun since I got such a wonderful opportunity. I would have finished drawing the whiskers too if you hadn't woken up so early.'

'Whis-wha-whiskers ??!!!' Finally noticing my black marker that he held in his hand as he pulled out his phone from his pocket and started clicking pictures while laughing at me. I immediately jumped out of bed and went to the bathroom mirror to check.

Oh my God!
He literally made my face into his own drawing book. There on my face, were tons of doodles of cats, pigs and is that a drawing of..poop on my nose ?

'JACKSON!! YOU ARE SO DEAD!!' I ran out of my bathroom with the intent of maiming him. He was still on the floor,laughing but immediately got up when he saw the look of murder on my face. He ran out of my bedroom giggling like a hysterical girl.

I went after him and caught up with him before he managed to open the apartment door,pouncing on his back as I aimed several punches on his shoulder. But he lost his footing and we both fell on the ground with him on top of me. Thankfully it was a padded carpet so it didn't hurt when I landed on my back but he sure was heavy!

'You elephant! Get off me!' He didn't let me go,and we were suddenly wrestling each other on the floor,laughter filling the air. I managed to hold him in a headlock thanks to my self defence classes, 'Do you give up now? Apologise Wang!'