Chapter 23

Riannon's POV

The last few days had been rather better I suppose. Hanging out with Jinyoung actually helped me a lot. He picked me up daily after classes and we found new places to hang out and eat around the city. He did his best to always cheer me up and I was thankful for that. I had also been keeping myself distracted on other days by working extra hours at the pet shop and by the time I was home, I was already too exhausted to even be awake long enough to think about anything. I couldn't deny the hope that was beginning to bloom inside my heart, maybe it will have a chance at mending completely soon.

Today, Jinyoung and I are on our way to a local carnival and I was pretty excited since I had not been to one eversince I arrived in Seoul. We were picking two of his friends up on the way. They wanted to tag along since they were having a week's break from work. I was a bit apprehensive about meeting them as I usually am with new people but I think I can socialise better now than I did months ago. We reached their apartment after a ten minute drive and I saw them already waiting outside for the both of us.

A tall brown haired guy with a grey beanie stood there by the parking meter, waving his arms happily at us and the one next to him,with light pink hair and slightly shorter than the other,only smiled at his friend's enthusiasm. As we stopped next to them, they each had a huge grin on their faces.

'Hello Jinyoung!! Hi Jinyoung's friend. I'm Taehyung. But you can call me Tae Tae. I swear I'm normal.' The taller one introduced himself as he shook my hand vigorously.

'Control yourself Tae. You're only gonna scare her off or probably tear off an arm.' The other friend interrupted as he pinched Tae's ears and pulled him away from me. 'I'm Jimin by the way. Sorry about my buddy here, he tends to get a little over excited when he meets someone new.'

'It's alright. You don't need to apologise at all. Nice to meet you both. I'm Riannon.' My lips stretched into a broad smile.

'Get in, the both of you. Or are you planning to come walking?' Jinyoung teased as he started the car.

'Waaaittt!! Don't leave us!' Tae exclaimed as they both hurriedly jumped inside the backseat of the car. 'You are always such a meanie Jinyoungie.' Tae pouted as we headed off on the road again but smiled immediately once Jinyoung tossed him two pieces of ferrero rochers from his pocket.

'I take it back. I love you Jinyoungie.' Tae said merrily as he opened the wrapper and popped the chocolate in his mouth.

Jimin only shook his head and let out a laugh. 'You can be so easily bribed Tae. Should I be afraid of strangers luring you with candy?'

'Nooo..or I don't know. But you have to admit It! Food is love! Don't you agree Riannon? Don't you? Don't you?' Tae asked while giving me a pleading look to take his side.

I couldn't help but giggle at his cuteness. 'I agree Tae.'

'See Jimin? Two against one. How about that?' He proudly said as he squeezed me into a one arm hug.

We got on pretty well and surprisingly fast. They were just one of those people who you just met but felt like you've known them for ages. They made me laugh continuously  throughout the entire drive towards the carnival venue with their never ending bickering. It left me wondering,a smile etched on my face as I turned to look at Jinyoung who was focused on the road ahead, how did the quiet Jinyoung become good friends with these guys.
-------------------------------------

'I told you Tae! You shouldn't have eaten that much chicken with Kookie earlier. Three buckets of hot wings was way too much even for your big stomach to handle!' Jimin was scolding Taehyung as we got off the car. Tae was currently covering his hand over his mouth as we got off at the parking lot, looking a bit sick.