Chapter 16

Riannon's POV

6 months in and I've never been happier than this. After the incident, things were a bit hard for me. But Jackson kept true to his word and helped me through it. He even made it a point to drop me off almost every single day and check every nook and crevice before deeming that my apartment was safe and was satisfied enough to leave. Else some nights he would just stay with me after making up a fairly believable lie to his manager. On other days, when he wasn't free, he would call me up and stay on the line till I've reported to him that I'm safe and tucked in bed.

More paranoid than I was but I couldn't deny that I found that caring nature of his extremely lovable.

It still amazed me how he would always find the time to come see me despite his busy schedule. When he had his tours in various places abroad the last two months, even then he would still squeeze in a few minutes to skype. I couldn't help but smile at the thought, my heart involuntarily skipping a beat every time I thought of him. Quite a few months have passed yet he still managed to make me feel something new every single day. I shook my head as I focused on what I was supposed to be doing.

I was only halfway done with my assignments and in less than hour, I had to meet up with Jackson and Yugyeom. They didn't exactly say where we were headed off to but they did mentioned something about bringing an apron along.

Finishing my assignments quickly, I hurried off to take a bath and get dressed before they arrived. And sure enough, I could hear Yugyeom's loud voice all the way up in my apartment after a while.

'Riannon!! Get your fat ass down here real quick!! Or we're gonna be late!' Yugyeom yelled at the top of his lungs. I opened my window, flipped him off and closed it again but I could still hear their loud voices and laughter even then. Grabbing my jacket and bag, I made my way down to be greeted by a widely grinning Jackson and the clown on his side, Yugyeom.

'Come on fatass. We need to get there by 10.'

I punched him hard on his arm, earning a satisfying painful groan from him. Jackson was just leaning against the car,watching and holding back his laughter, being used to our usual bickering. He came forward and placed a kiss on my cheeks as he circled his arms around me. 'I missed you.'

'Eeew Jackson. Bro! Not infront of innocent kid please! And you just saw her yesterday like what the hell?' Jackson released me and was about to grab Yugyeom but he moved out of range and ran to the other side of the car and got in the back seat, sticking his tongue out at him while doing so.

'I can't imagine how you deal with him every day without breaking your head.' I laughed at both of them,as I opened the door and made myself comfortable in the front seat.

'Yeah me neither.' He just shook his head, but with a smile on his face and entered.

'So where are we headed?' I asked as he started the car.

'Well our good friend, Jin is opening a new cafe and asked us to come help him out if our schedule was free today. And luckily since we have a day off, I thought we could lend the extra hand. How does that sound?' Jackson eagerly asked as he drives.

'That does sound exciting! It'll be fun.' I can't say my skills in the kitchen are at a professional level but I think they're good enough.

'Please just try not to burn the place down Yugyeom,' Jackson added. 

'Hey! Says the guy who just practically boiled a plastic spoon to hot liquid with milk this morning! Like who does that and how does that even happen?!!' Yugyeom retorted, laughing hysterically and clutching his ribs.