Chapter 1

Chapter 1

It’s Sophie’s birthday today. Sophie is Nate’s twin sister so that means he is 18 today too. Because Sophie is Nate’s twin she always used to hang around with us when we were younger so when Nate was taken, Sophie was my rock. She was the only one who understood what I was going through; we went through the same heartache.

It is known throughout the werewolf community that twins have a connection with each other; this means that they can know each other’s feeling and strong emotions. I have this same connection because Nate and I are mates so Sophie and I know that Nate is alive but beaten. Badly. Several nights Sophie and I have woken up screaming because of the beatings Nate got. It breaks my heart every time.

“Lilllyyyyyyy!! Time to get up you fat lump”

Bounce

Bounce

Bounce

“Sophie, you bounce on that bed one more time and I shall not be responsible for my actions” I mumbled through my mound of pillows. I peeked through one eye to see a mass of brown curls bobbing everywhere. Ughhh.  

“Oh stop being a grump lilypop, it’s my birthdayyy!”

I.hate.that.name.

Bounce

Bounce

Crash

“I did warn you” I said as I looked over the side of my bed and burst out laughing at what I saw.

Sophie was lying flat on her face with feathers covering her entire body and oh no they were in her hair!! Not the hair!! Note the sarcasm

“I never knew my pillows had feathers in them. You learn something new every day” that got me a glare from Sophie, totally worth is though. “Awww your fat ass broke my camera!” One more scowl and she stormed out the room.

I got up after that and went in the bathroom for a quick shower and changed into skinny jeans, white tank top and a peach cardigan. Brushing my golden locks I ran down stairs to be graced with the delicious smell of cooking bacon. My stomach growled.

“Morning!”

“Murmning”

“ughhhh”

“too louuuuud”

This is the response you get when you live in a pack house full of teenage male werewolves. Rolling my eyes I plopped down next to Sophie while grabbing a bacon sandwich and stuffing in my mouth. She was still ignoring me.

“Awww Sophie you know I love you really” I got up from my chair and gave her one of those awkward backward hugs. “hap-“ I was cut off by a growl coming from the other side of the table. “Xav, I know Sophie is amazingly beautiful and as much as I love her to death, I’m not going to turn a lesbian for her so chill” Xavier was soon to be beta but also Sophie’s mate.

“It’s not that, it’s the fact that you’re squeezing my mate to death!”

Oh shit! “C-a-n’t b-re-a-th-e” Sophie gasped out

“oh my god! I am sooo sorry! Happy birthday?” I said sheepishly. That got me another glare but both from Sophie AND Xavier. I’m doing well today, not. “present time!” At this point Xavier had pulled Sophie onto his lap. I’m not going to kill her, jeezz.

I handed her my SpongeBob square pants paper wrapped present. It’s a picture frame of me, Nate and Sophie on a bouncy castle on my 7th birthday, just before he was taken. It was my favourite photo as it captured how happy we were and it showed one of the best memories I had. I remembered we all got so sick that day because of the amount of birthday cake we had eaten. Good times.

Coming back from la la land Sophie was just about to open her present. As soon as she opened it I heard a gasp and she started tearing up.

Jumping up from her seat and pulling me in a death grip she said “Thank you so much! I love it and you’re totally forgiven. I just wish he was here to celebrate it with me”

I pulled back to look at her face, tears in my own eyes.

“So do I, Sophie, so do I”

(Nate’s POV)

18 today. Finally.

At 18 an Alpha can get his/her full powers and become the strongest and most unbeatable member of the pack. I could feel my strength start to build up as the day went on. Today is the day I get out of this hell hole and I’m going to take this place down, every last piece of it. I’m coming home.

....................................................................................................................................................

Thanks for reading!

I know it’s a bit short but I’m just starting to get into it, it will get better!

Dani

xxx