Chapter 24

Chapter 24

(Lily’s POV)

It was Carter’s and Casey’s funeral today. I looked at myself in the mirror to see a dull, black and pale person look back at me. Carter dying had hit me hard. I was able to see the real him and in a way I feel like it was my fault that he died. If I never begged him to take me home then we would never had been walking through the woods and we would never had met the rouges.

Tears started to fall down my face as I felt arms wrap around my waist from behind me. “Hey, we’ll get through this” Nate whispered into my ear.

“I feel like it was my fault” I said as tears fell down my face

“What? How is it your fault” Nate came in front of me and cupped my face in his hands.

“I begged him to take me home, if I never did that then he’ll still be here” I choked out

“No, you can’t think like that. That attack could have happened at any time. Jessica said that they have been looking for a fight for weeks. It was just bad timing that’s all” he stroked my face as I leant into his touch

“Okay” I whispered. I leant in a placed a soft kiss on his lips “Nate-“ I started.

“Yeah” he smiled which made my heart melt.

“I love you” I said while I looked him straight into his eyes. I saw them light up when I said this and a huge grin spread across his face

He picked me up and spun me around. Once he placed me back down again he kissed me and said “I love you too, so much” a grin spread across my face then and I grabbed the back of his neck and brought his lips down to mine. The kiss was getting really heated but was interrupted when someone cleared their throat. Nate growled as he pulled away.

“What” he said rudely

“Nate!” I said as I turned to see who it was

Standing in the doorway was Anna dressed all in black as well. I hadn’t seen her since I went down to Carter’s house to tell her the news.

*Flashback*

“Nate I really need to tell Anna about Carter” I pleaded

“Who’s Anna?” he said while frowning

“She was a friend of Carter’s that I met when I was at his house. She would like to know, they were pretty close” I winced thinking about how I was going to tell her.

“Okay, I’ll take you down now”

“Thanks”

We walked back through the woods. I clung onto Nate when we walked pass the place where we were attacked, my breathing became rapid. I finally let out a breath I didn’t realise I was holding when we got to the door of Carter’s house.

I knocked and waited, clinging onto Nate’s hand. The door opened to find Anna standing there with a smile on her face.

“Lily! Nice to see you again! Where’s Carter? And who’s this?” she said still smiling

“This is my mate Nate and Anna, we need to tell you something about Carter” my grim expression made her smile fall and was replaced with worry.

“Is he okay?” she said panicked

I shook my head “Can we come in?” she nodded and led us into the kitchen “you may want to sit down”

“It’s that bad?” tears were already coming to her eyes as she sat down