Chapter 20

Ahh I reached 20 chapters :’) thank you to everyone that has read, voted, commented and stuck with my story so far! I really appreciate it! (Not edited)

....................................................................................................................................................

Chapter 20

(Lexi’s POV)

I stumbled to the door and threw it open. In front of me stood Simon doing CPR on Cole, he looked too pale.

“Come on Cole, you’re a fighter” Simon said as he consistently pumped Cole’s chest. Blood was everywhere. It stained the white sheets that lay on the bed making it look even worse.

I was paralysed for a bit but when I came back I ran over to Cole and grabbed his hand, it was freezing cold

“Cole, if you can hear me, I can’t lose you. I can already start to feel myself falling for you. Please come back to me” I whispered in his ear as tears streamed down my face.

After a few more pumps of Cole’s heart, Simon stood back and shook his head “No I’m sorry he’s gone”

“NO!!” I screamed out “he can’t be dead!” I was in hysterics now and my wolf was whining with the agony. I grabbed Cole’s face in both of my hands. “Cole Barnes god damn it! You come back! Please c-come b-back” I whispered the last part in defeat as I placed my head on his blooded forehead.

I could hear Sophie crying softly in the corner of the room. She’ll be alright she has Xavier, her m-mat-e.

I lifted my head up and placed a soft kiss on his lips, tingles spread throughout my body. His lips tasted salty from my fallen tears. I pulled back and Cole started to fit.

“What’s happening!” I said really panicked

“He’s fitting!” Simon shouted as he rushed round to grab Cole’s head to stop it from hitting anything

I could feel my heart start to knit itself back together again. Cole was alive? “You said he was dead! I felt that he was dead!” I said shocked. I felt my heart break in two to say that my mate was dead! What the hell.

“He was dead! His heart stopped beating!” Simon sounded just as shocked.

Suddenly Cole stopped fitting and burst into his wolf, knocking over everything in the process. He fell off the bed and stood on all fours. Alive. He’s alive! This brought fresh tears to my eyes but this time it was tears of happiness.

(Cole’s POV)

Once I was shot I knew that I was a goner. My wolf could feel it too. It was strange though as I felt someone else hurting just as bad. Normally this would be your mate’s emotions but seeing as I don’t have a mate then that couldn’t happen. It confused me.

I was just floating in the darkness, lost in my unconsciousness. I didn’t understand why Aaron shot me. That bastard. I wanted to go around the world as well, meet my mate, grow old and have millions of children. Well not that many but you know what I mean. I wonder how my mum would feel. I never got to tell her how much I loved her as a mom. She’s the best and she’ll never know. Damn Aaron. I hope Nate rips him to shreds. I would’ve done it myself but I don’t see myself coming back from this. Even though I’m a werewolf, a shot to the chest is still deadly.

I could feel myself start to float into blackness when I felt an electric current run through my body. This caused me to jolt out of the blackness and everything around me started to go all fuzzy.

Dead

Heart

Stopped

I could hear some things that people were saying. Huh so I was dead then.