2.5

~Alexa's POV~

Dark, cold and the annoying dripping sound. That was everything that I could think of, I could no longer move my body, the pain was too much and my body gave up for the injuries. I don't know what they did to me, the only thing I did know was that they killed me. From the moment they brought me here.

The darkness had swallowed us again, Mike laid beside me with his arms around me, trying to keep me warm, he refuse to give up. Mrs. Hall sat not far from us and I could hear her breathing, I convinced her to give up on me and focus on herself, she could still make it.

I could almost hear mom telling me not to give up, that I was stronger than this, but she didn't feel what I feel. She didn't have almost her entire body broken, stretched out and wounded. I have always tried to be as strong as she was when she was younger. All the stories Zach, Leo and James told us about her, how she kicked ass and survived everything. But I have to stop comparing myself to her, I'm my own person. I'm weaker than her, than father, than Ace, than everyone in the gang. Maybe they are better off with me? I mean I only causes problems.

A tear fell to the ground and in the silent I could almost hear it hit the ground. "Hey, Hey! Everything is going to be okay! I promise you that" Mike whispered in my ear and pulled me closer. "I don't think I can hold on much longer, it hurts and it never stops!" I whispered, my voice was cracking and you could hear how I didn't have much left. 

"Don't give up now! They will come! I read somewhere that twins could sometimes feel the other twin and I'm pretty sure you and Ace have that. I know he knows that you're hurt and he's coming for you. You are strong enough to hold on!" he was sounding desperate and I could hear that the tears was close. I shook my head, "I'm not like my mother, she's strong! Nat and Lisa are strong! Ace and my father are strong, everybody are except for me" I was opening up for him, everything that I had in my heart and brain came out in the cold air. 

 I could feel his body shiver by my words, "You're strong too! I have seen you and the first time met you, the real you, when you stole my skateboard to get detention, I knew that you wasn't like the other girls. You are special and that includes your strength. You are strong in a special way, the way that will keep you alive. Alex you're a survivor" his word gave me heat that warmed up me, but nothing else. I was still hurt and I could feel the wounds pounding on me.

We laid there for a while in silence again, I felt my eyelids getting heavier and heavier. Maybe I'm just tired? Some sleep couldn't hurt, I'm exhausted! I closed my eyes and focused on Mikes beating heart and Mrs. Halls breathing. But somehow I had trouble to find the sound of my own beating heart, I could hear it before echoing between the walls, but was now only silence.

A sound of a door slammed open and shoots being fired. People were yelling and a heavy fight burst out upstairs. "Do you hear? They are here!" Mike sat up but I remained on the ground, still searching for my heartbeat. "Alex?" he whispered terrified. 

I felt a head pressed against my chest, "Mrs. Hall! I can't hear her heart!!" a fast movement came from the other side of the room to us. Two cold fingers touched my neck, "It's their but really really weak! Alex can you hear me!?" she was now speaking to me. I wanted to answer but no words came from my lips, I wanted to scream to them but my voice seemed to get on vacation. And then everything, my vision, my senses and my mind went dark.

~Ace's POV~

I ran down some stairs as fast as I could. They have to be here! Will, Josh, Adam and Linus was right behind me. They have to be here! The rest was taking on Dark Roses and we were the only one who succeeded to sneak behind the fight and down here. Something hurt, but I haven't got into a fight yet. It was something that hurt inside me, I felt hollowed, empty, like there was a big dark whole inside me.

At the bottom of the stairs stood two guards, they turned around when they heard us coming. Linus and Leo ran past me and jumped into a fight with them. The guards was down in a few seconds. We saw a door and ran to it, it was heavily locked so we smashed it open with all the power we got.

Inside was dark, I could hear someone who breathed rhythmically and someone weeping somewhere in the dark. Will found the switch and turned on the light, my heart fell and I stopped breathing. The sight was everything I hoped it wouldn't be.

On the floor was piles of blood, some on the wall. The floor was wet and in the middle if the room hung chains from the roof. In one of the corners sat Roses mom looking at me with eyes full of tears, Mike was bend over someone, he looked like he was performed CPR on a body that seemed lifeless.

I sprint over the room to the people and I walk up to Mike and the body to find the face I feared the most to see. Alex laid with her eyes closed and her pale skin was covered of wounds, bruises and cuts. She looked like she was sleeping and the only thing that moved was her chest when Mike blew in air into her lungs.

I fell down on my knees, dropped the gun to the ground and stared at the body. I started to scream my lung off and I could feel nothing else then the big black empty whole growing inside of me. Leo ran and fell down beside me. He held me in a close hug and tried to calm me down as I was trying to fight him off. I wanted to throw myself over her to hold her to never let go. 

Leo was whispering something in my ear, something with letting Mike continue trying to save her. He was saying something more but I could only hear a ringing in my ear and I could see red. Leos grip was getting tighter around me and Adam came running to help him hold me down. Both Leo and Adam was shaking and tears were dripping from their eyes as well when they looked at her. Behind Leo and Adam who was struggling with me stood James with tears and Will and josh, stunned in chock from the sight of Alex.