3.3

~Ace's POV~

The three weeks was quickly over and before anyone knew it we sat in the living room the day before the tournament. Alex have been angry at me of my behavior from when we interrogated Max, but she also said that she understand why I did what I did but still she ignored me. After I tried to explain how I felt plenty of time she continued to pretend I wasn't in the room, I've give up because I'd tried everything.

Adan and Linus went through the plan again with everybody for the thousands time so we all were ready for the mornings event. Everything was starting at seven and I was the first one up, I won't lie and say that I wasn't nervous but I tried not to. Not the greatest holiday spirit in this house, nothing showed that it was Christmas Eve tomorrow, only the thick layer of snow outside. I gave up trying to sit and listen so I went outside in the cold.

Here I could actually feel something, cold, wet and I can actually feel like a human being. I was always worrying for Rose so my emotions for everything else was gone, nothing, sometimes I was so desperate to feel something that I could hurt myself. I started shivering and enjoyed it, by this I could try to think of something else.

 Will, josh and Mike was going home with their gang to prepare, Will and josh's training had succeeded and they were ready, they even won over Leo. I was more than ready for tomorrow, I usually leave the hacking to Alex or mom but I was really good at it too. The gang was going to be in a safe distance from the tournament and planning to sneak in when everything started. They all was counting on me to blow everybody's minds tomorrow to keep their eyes on me. Will and Josh were going to be Alex's guards and I would have Leo and Zack.

The moon light was bright and no single cloud on the sky, it could have been a beautiful night if I wasn't this stressed out. The door opened behind me and Jake and James joined me and looked out. "How are you feeling? Nervous?" Jake asked and planted a hand on my shoulder, "You could say so, what if I won't succeed and the others get caught?" I asked the both of them and hoped for an answer that wouldn't make it feel even worse. 

"Well then we'll kick their asses! You know we're kind of good fighters" he winked at me and tried to make me smile. "But what if you're outnumbered?" I tried again, this was really nagging me, to be the one everyone counted on. "Then we use the guns" he said and picked up his Glock 39, "You know they're a lot better guns then that one right?" James told him. "Well so be it but me and my darling here have been together for a longtime and know each other better than no one!" he said and gazed at his gun, James and I rolled our eyes. Jake don't like using guns but in this business you have to and he always uses the same damn gun every time.

"Come on you need some sleep. Big day tomorrow and you'll see Rose again when we're home again!" James tried to cheer me up I nodded but nothing else, I'll see her if nothing else happens. I went upstairs but someone was calling my name from downstairs, I turned around and met Alex. "What?" I said harshly, I wasn't in the mood for her right now. 

"Don't screw up tomorrow!" She said shortly and turned around, "What do you mean by that?" I could hear my voice getting louder and more annoyed by her. "I mean don't screw up like you almost did with Max!" she turned around angrily. 

"Oh, I'm sorry that my feelings got in the way, that I'm actually worried for someone else then myself. I'm sorry I'm not as cold hearted as you! I've apologized to you plenty of times for the last three weeks and explained myself, FOR BEING HUMAN! But no, you just have to be as ignorant as you possible can be!" I was yelling at her, everything that bothered me just fell out from my mouth. 

She stood stunned by my choose of words and I've never seen her mute ever bur after a second she was back, "I have feelings but I choose not to let them get in the way when I'm working! I'm at least not a murderer!" she screamed back. I lost it every inch of strength I got, I lost it. 

"Fine so you wouldn't care if Mike got kidnapped, or mom? Dad? Me? Or anyone you ever cared about and then that they might get sold and have to live as a slave for the rest of their lives? No that s right you have feelings but that wouldn't affect your work! You wouldn't try to speed up everything in case that someone dies or get lost forever! Let me remind you how close we were to be late of saving you! Did you know what happened to Dash? Did you know what he did for trying to save you? He had feelings, he was human he wanted to make a difference! And now you'll stay on Max's side instead of your own family! Why are you even coming tomorrow? Wouldn't tomorrow's event get in your way to train to be a great leader you always dreamt about? Isn't Rose just a burden on you now?" 

I couldn't stay for much longer so I turned without waiting for a response, everybody was now standing there, watching Alex and I fight. They looked scared, we had never fight like this in our lives. But I didn't care I went upstairs and slammed the door after me. I could do it on my own tomorrow, I didn't need her, did she even want to save Rose?

Someone knocked on the door but I ignored it, I was standing in the middle of the room glared out of the window. The knocking continued and I tried to calm myself, I felt my anger grow bigger and more dangerous. I haven't had this problem with my anger for a long time, I've always had it under control. 

"Go away!" I told the one behind the door between my teeth, my jaw was hurting after clenched it so hard. But the person didn't stop, I turned around and threw a lamp into the door and screamed "Leave me alone!" the knocking stopped. I looked down on my hands, I didn't remember picking up the lamp, I dint remember why my hands was bleeding.