2.7

~Ace's POV~

I couldn't remember last time the house was this full of people but so quiet. Nobody felt like talking to each other and nobody wanted to bring up the event from yesterday. I walked out to the backyards and sat down beside my parents in silence. I looked out over the yard and saw the first snow touch the ground. Mom was rubbing her head like if she had a headache. Dad held an arm around her and watched the snow like me.

"How's Alexa?" mom turned to me, her eyes was red, she had been crying. "She is still asleep but she's fine. She needs a lot of rest" I told her and I could see that she was a bit more relaxed when she heard that Alex would be fine. Mom got some of her memories back yesterday, that hasn't happened in almost twenty years. But she was fine, she needed rest too for her head.

"We need to find Rose as soon as possible!" my dad told me. I nodded and tried not to think about how she could be doing, I need to focus on the part to find her as fast as possible. "Do we have anything to work with?" I asked him, I sounded desperate and I was very aware of that. "Nothing right now. They will bring Thomas here this afternoon and we hope he can tell us everything he knows. And I tried to find Dwain as well but he won't answer his phone, he is struggling right now" my grandpa took Thomas with him to have a "chat" I can't say I believe him, my grandpa is a bit scary sometimes. I could understand Dwain, he thought his best friend was dead and now out of nowhere he's alive, threatening everyone Dwain care about.

"I can search for Dwain. I need to do something. I can bring will and Josh with me" I told him, all I wanted was to sit in the car and just drive. But that would be no good so I could look for Dwain instead. "Take Jax with you. He might know where he is" I nodded, after I hugged my mother who told me to be careful I went up and looked for the others.

In the car nobody spoke, we listen to the radio with boring music but nobody changed the channel. Jax sat in the front beside me and for the first time ever I could see an expression on his face, he was worried. Will and Josh just stared out the window, they had mixed feelings showing, worry, fear and anger. Mike was injured and all three of them knew each other since they were babies and Will told me before that they never been apart nor this hurt. They were terrified what would happen and how Mike would do. For me, right in that moment I just felt emptiness, like everything that could hurt me have happened  and there's nothing left. I was worried and scared for Rose but it was like I lost everything with to do with hope.

"Make a left turn here and the just go straight until you come to the end of the road" Jax mumbled to me. I did like he told me and turned the car into a thick forest, "Where are we going?" Josh wondered and glanced at the trees. "It's an old cabin that belongs to Dwain's parents. He use to stay there when he's in town." Jax simply stated. "Do you think he can help us?" Will whispered. We observed Jax when he thought about the question, "I think he will need a reminder of who he can trust and then I know he will help, yes" I could swore that I saw a glimpse of insecurity in his eyes.

I parked the car outside an old but really nice cabin. It looked empty but there stood another car parked beside it. It wasn't Dwain's car, we all chaired looks and brought out our guns. We heard screaming from inside the house, the voice wasn't Dwain's either. We ran inside the house and searched for the source of the scream. I the kitchen laid a man on his back, covered in blood on the table. Over him stood another man trying to help him. We aimed our guns at the two figures but the man who stood up turned around quickly, "Help me! I found him on the road" the desperate scared voice came from Dwain.

We put the guns down and came for his help. The man lying on the table looked familiar but we didn't have time to think about that. There was a bullet wound on his hip, "it just hit the flesh, but we need to get this bullet out before he get blood poison" I told Dwain. "I know I can't get it out, my hands are shaking too much!" I looked down on his shaking hands, I took the plier from him and turned around to the man. "Give him some alcohol or anything, a lot of it!" Will searched all the lockers and finally found a bottle. The man poured the contain down his throat. He was very weak and could pass out any second now, "I need you to stay awake while I take the bullet out. Can you do that?" he nodded. I took a deep breath and remember mom telling me to be steady, to be calm and to focus. I could hear her voice and I slowly count down from three and leaned in. Alex was always much better at this than me but I wasn't horrible. I felt the position of the bullet with my fingers and then used the plier to take it out. The man cried out when I dragged it out and when it was out he began to breathe slowly and calm. Jax handed me needle and thread, I burned the needle and then stitched him up.

The man dossed of but was alive, he could need some rest, we didn't know for how long Dwain tried to help him. I cleaned the wound and I noticed a tattoo on his ribs, I lift his shirt carefully and gasped of the sight of the tattoo. It was the letters 'DT' and a tear dripping down on the side of the 'D'. The man was from The Dark Tears and the only one that was missing from the gang was... "Stefan" I breathed out. The rest of the guys turned surprised around to me and stared at Stefan, "Wasn't he taken by Liam?" Jax asked and I nodded. He must have got out and wherever he was maybe Rose is there.

"He held this when I found him" Dwain gave his brother something small. I walked up to Jax and in his palm laid a small USB with a mark on it. A mark I know too well, Rick's hacking competitions sign. "We need to get this to mom and Alex! They could help us what this mean, Stefan doesn't know anything about hacking so he must have stolen it from Liam. So it could be a clue!"