2.8

~Alexa's POV~

"What's on it?" I was laying down on my bed and held the little USB that Ace gave me. "I hope you would tell me, mom is away at grandpas so you're the only one that could understand it" he told me and handed me my laptop. I tried not to move too much, my body was still very injured and it hurt extremely. I put in the USB and opened up the folder, it was just three files filled with codes. 

"It seems to be a message but I'll need some time to solve it" he nodded and gave me a little smile. I could see that he wasn't fine, he wasn't himself, "We will find her I promise!" I calmly told him and stroke his arm carefully with the little force I got. "I know we will. I'm glad to have you back!" he got up after he gave me a very little hug, "I have to check on Stefan." He went out and I just closed my eyes and took a deep breath, "You know he could use someone that can hit him so he wont be this intense!" Mike spoke from the other side of the room. He was supposed to lay in Ace's room and rest but he refused to move and gave Michael the bed. 

I smiled to him as an answer and then started to look on the code. I heard a movement from his direction and one second later he sat down beside me on the bed. "Can you crack it?" he asked me and dragged his fingers through my hair while gazing into my eyes. Before I could answer someone cleared his throat at the door. Scared we turned around and met my father's eyes, "I'm okay with you hanging out but that means no touching!" he said and gave Mike the murderess eyes. Mike pulled his hand away fast as a lightning and was terrified, "Dad stop scaring people! You're starting to be Mr. Scary now!" like that would work but I tried. 

"No darling Mr. Scary will always be your mother's father! That dude is terrifying!" he said and put Mike on the chair again so he could sit down beside me. "I don't think he's that scary!" I simply stated and pulled out my tongue. "Well that because you're his grandchild and only hope to the future generation! He have this crazy idea that Ace won't be able to have children after being kicked in the nuts so many times from one-night-stands!" he laughed and I couldn't hold it back. 

It was always so amusing to see when Ace choose the wrong chick to play with and they kicked him right in the perfect spot. So many times I have carry/lead him because he couldn't walk, "Well for some reason he always choose the soccer girls!" I laughed. It was long time since we had this moment's together, father-daughter time.

"So it's a message, right?" dad finally asked, I nodded and went through the numbers. "We need it as soon as possible, after Rick passed away two years ago his son took over and we have no idea what he's doing over there" I remembered my parents discuss this for a while ago. Our gang where no longer welcome participate in the tournament since Rick's son took over the company. "it will be ready tonight, it's not that difficult" by that he left me alone so I could work.

The code was very simple and after 2 hours I was finished. My hands was shaking when I held them up to reach the copier. I printed out the message and got Mike to help me down the stair to the others. Everyone was in the gaming room and hang out, they looked out when we came in and their faces turned scared when they saw my face.

Zach and Jake came up and helped me to the couch so Mike could rest, he wasn't in his best shape either. "There's no good news right?" Linus asked me, I shook my head. Patrick, the only one who stood up walked back and forth nervously. Lisa held Nat's hand and stroke it carefully, mom, dad and Ace sat right in front of me waiting for me to talk.

"Rick's son have changed everything, there's no longer the usually games. There's no other prices and it's sick, very sick. You play to win peoples." Patrick stopped walking and turned questioning to me, mom held her face in her hand, dad was near to punch someone and the rest just stared with their jaws on the ground. I ignored their reactions and started to read the invitation:

If you got this message and somehow succeeded to crack, you're now invited to the annual hacking game. Like every other years there will be two quest to begin with, the top ten teams will continue to the final where you will get a secret mission. This year's price is sponsored by our own gang, Dark Roses. 

You know the rules the price will not be harassment, abuse or raped. This year you will play for a beautiful and strong female, 19 years old. Because the price is in her younger ages we chosen to spice things up and the participants can't be over 19 years old. So you will have until Christmas Eve to find yourself good young hackers and then we fight. You register your team through the e-mail below, we play nice and we fight good.

We will see you Christmas eve, if you can handle it.

PS... Password is, Pineapple. 

Your host, Michael.