3.4

~Alexa's POV~

The day was finally here and everybody walked stressed out around the house, everyone except Ace. He had been in his room the entire time, Nat had tried to talk to him yesterday after our fight but it seemed like he had an anger explode. I was worried about him, he haven't had one of these explodes since he was nine.

 It was always me having trouble to control it, he really must have been angry yesterday. I've never seen nor hear him be so angry at me. I understand him I do, but did he understand me? He was only a few seconds away from killing an innocent man and he could never have lived with that, we're no killers.

Instead of feeling nervous I felt ashamed, what he said was partly true but I would never let anyone get killed. He had called me cold hearted and he knew that was one of the worst things you called me. Because I knew that was how the world saw me and I hated that because I'm not cold hearted, I do care.

I stood by the window and looked out on the snow falling, it calmed me down. I was so closed to tears, Ace and I have always been close and now... it felt like he was on the other side of the planet like someone ripped us apart. I felt alone and naked, I needed my other half. I felt someone wrapped me into two arms, I looked back and met Mike's eyes. 

"It's going to be okay! I promise!" he whispered in my ear, I nodded and tried not to start crying. Dad didn't care that Mike held me today, after the fight everyone was afraid that we would explode again and create a bloodbath.

We just stood there for a long time, Mike knew that he didn't need to say anything, he comfort me by just be there with me. I understand Ace, he liked Rose very much I've seen it since we were kids. He missed her and was worried, I understand that but that doesn't mean that you have to kill someone. 

It was like Mike had read my mind, "You know that people do crazy things for the people you love! I was going crazy when you were gone, what Ace did could easily been me, just to find you. Love makes you blind" he said carefully and kissed the top of my head. Of course I knew that, "But why not just think rationally, if I haven't stop him we never would've knew where she will be tonight" I mean we always learned that before making a decision under pressure you take a deep breath and clear your head. 

"Well you should have seen your parents when you went missing or anybody in the gang. How many times you wish that you could do different your feeling say something else. I just think that you never experience that before. And I hope that you never will!" he pulled me tighter into him and gave me big secured hug. Maybe his right, nobody that I loved so much have ever been captured, sure I care for Rose we were friends before but that was long time ago. And I don't want her to get hurt, she shouldn't even be involved in this.

We turned around when we heard footsteps coming down from the stairs, I hoped it was Ace so I could apologize but it was Michael. "We should go now!" he said to Mike, the two of them and Lisa were supposed to be in a safe house near the tournament. We had to keep Michael safe because Liam wanted him, his mother were already there with Lisa. Mike nodded to him and turned me around, "We'll see each other tonight. Good luck and make sure to come back in one piece! Or I'll have to kill everyone" he said and gave me a kiss.

 "I promise, and I promise to bring Rose back too" we kissed for the last time and then I watched them drove away. No it was empty again, we were supposed to go in two hours, which felt like an eternity.

I sat with the rest of the gang in front of the TV. Everyone pretended to watch but we all was thinking on the tournament. "Is he still up there?" mom asked dad, they were standing in the kitchen but I could still hear them, "Yes but he eventually let Will and Josh in. They are talking to him right now" he said with a low voice.

"He can't be doing all this tonight if he can't control the anger. He have a lot pressure on him and that won't help" mom said with a bit scared voice. "He's used to feel pressure 'Lee. You remember when they both started to train, he never stopped training to be best so he could protect Alex. He knows that she can take care of herself but you know that he'll just blame himself like he did when we were attacked or when she was kidnapped" I felt my heart fell, I was such an idiot. 

I always blamed Ace to have it so easy, for being so good in everything. I never thought of why he did it or how much pressure he actually had. He was always trying to protect me and now when he need to protect another one we fight and I yelled at him for thinking wrong. I think I just won the price for being the worst sister ever.

When it was only forty minutes left before we should go I went up to Ace's room. He had locked the door and I could hear him talk with an angry voice inside, he was so worried and felt helpless. A gave the door a soft knock and the voices inside stopped. Nothing happened and I tried again, "Ace its me. Can we talk?" I tried to beg him, but still nothing happened. "Ace I'm sorry for being such a jerk yesterday! Please come out!" the door opened carefully and Ace appeared in the doorway, Will and Josh sat on his bed looking angry at me.

 "Leave me alone, I'll handle everything later, I won't explode. Just leave me alone and we see each other there" and with that he closed his door. My heart fell even further down in my body, I'd really hurt him this time.

We took separate cars to the tournament, Ace went with Leo and Zach and I went with Will and Josh. In our car it was silent, the guys was also mad at me, Josh drove the car in a high speed and he didn't look at me. "Please say something. I've tried to apologize to him" after I uttered it was like I detonated a bomb. 

"Alex you said the only thing he ever worried about. Do you really think he wanted to kill Max? No, he just did what he thought was necessary! He is in love with Rose for god sake and you know it too. That was irresponsible of you to say what you did, ignore him for three weeks when he tried to explain himself. All he wanted was not to fight we you or have you being angry at him" Will turned around in his seat so he could look at me.

 Will the more quite one had raised his voice, my friend Will was now yelling at me. "But I've tried to apologize and I told him that I was a jerk yesterday and that I was sorry about that. And now he's angry at me instead!" I tried desperately to get them to understand. 

"We know but you went over the line and pushed everything he ever had inside in one second and that made him explode. You have Mike who you can turn to, who do he have? Us sure but in the same way, he doesn't have that one he can feel close to. He have always been thinking of you and your safety and now when he have that one person he love she's been taken away from him and his own sister think his crazy-murdering-asshole. Like that what he need right now." Will turned around and showed that the conversation was over.

 "But..." I tried, "No buts Alex. Don't you remember how it felt when Ace was shot, when you found him lying on the floor in his own blood?" Josh's words hit me in the face and it was like all the doors opened. I remembered how he went in to save Roses life and how he got shot for doing that. They used Rose as his soft spot, and I felt so alone in the world when I thought he was dying, I've never been so afraid in my entire life. 

The rest of the way we sat in silence and I was caught up in my thoughts, I've really messed up everything for Ace by hating on his flaws. We all has them, nobody is flawless.