Ch. One

Rude Awakening

I had awaken with a terrible migraine and a mind filled with confusion and hatred. The last emotion, I was incredibly unsure of, but the first consumed my brain as I was highly unlikely to know of my extreme whereabouts and how I had gotten into this situation in the first place.

A lot had happened in these dreadful 24 hours, a lot that I would never dread upon absolutely any living human being, not even towards those I resent most with an absolute passion.

To say that I had been slightly abused and raped would be an understatement.

I had almost been beaten to a pulp, purple complete blotches have officially dominated my body and almost made my muscles turn to vegetable.

Before I had been kidnapped and taken from my normal and original life I had at least managed to keep my dignity up until my senior year of high school.

That was, until a few hours ago where three men took advantage of my maiden and celibate ways and found it interesting and pleasuring to demand my virginity for the sake of my life.

So here I am, sold and purchased to God knows where, and on my way to a new lifestyle, to an asylum I shall soon call home. I found an interest in change and sometimes hoped and prayed for it, but this kind of change is overbearing.

The only difference here is that I am officially in the back of an expensive convertible, hands tied behind my back, a loose strap around my mouth to restrain myself from speaking out and a blindfold to bind my eyes from seeing too much or quite possibly wherever the hell it is I'm going.

The man whom I was purchased by at the auction looked to be in his late twenty's or early thirties and was quite moody, so I knew not to argue or disturb him at all.

I was purchased as well as three other females around my age, who were also in the same state I was in but showed less amount of torture when it came to their physical appearance.

In other words, I was the only one who had previously been raped and abused. While their skin was still somewhat flawless and new, mine was patchy, scratched, bruised, and rotten due to a lack of shower and sanitary conditions of where I've been thrown around.

I'm 4'11 and used to weigh around 115 lbs, but considering the fact that I haven't been fed with an average meal, instead crumbs at a time, I have probably shed around 20 lbs.

My hair was utterly unkempt and tangled to a state in which I new not to even bother keeping it at a normal volume. I practically looked as though I had crawled out of a sewer that I've been living in for decades at a time.

Which leads me to think why this attractive yet unsettling man would purchase a distasteful and nauseating human being like myself.

Although I can't really see, I can feel someone's fragile body beginning to shake tremendously to my right. Without moving my body or turning my head to acknowledge her movement, I did what I hadn't done in a long time, ever since the day of my kidnapping, I began to speak.

Moving my head slightly I managed to bring the strap around my mouth and above my upper lip.

"Are you okay?", I managed to say in the most quietest, small, and raspy voice possible. I even surprised myself, it's really been awhile since I'd even heard my own voice. After moments of silence I realized how ridiculous my question must have sounded.

No, of course she wasn't okay. None of us are okay at the moment, in fact, most of us are even questioning our lives.

So I managed to add on, "What's your name?". I figured since we will be living together, we should become acquainted with one another.

"My name's Camilla." , she spoke in barely a whisper that if I weren't to listen incredibly close, I would have assumed she was simply ignoring me and didn't want anything to do with acquaintances. "And yours?".

"Esmeralda.", I whispered with the little bit of happiness left in me. Regarding the situation we were put in I absolutely had an adoration for my name. "How old are you?".

"I'm only thirteen, I was taken a couple weeks ago after my birthday and have been put into auction more than once. My first Master didn't find my presence suitable and kicked me out. I've been thrown around due to being inexperienced and young but I can honestly say I'm blessed to not have been beaten up or sexually abused."

Master? Like, a superior? Someone of whom I must look up to?

I've never been one to be obedient but when I honestly of it, what other choice do I truthfully have? I'm weak and defenseless. Broken and ruptured mentally. I practically have no soul and the bits and pieces left of it won't support my emotions or feelings in any way possible.

And to think I'm sitting here with a younger adolescent, unknown of the deadly world around her, thirteen? I hadn't even experienced my first kiss at thirteen. I was taken away from my mere thoughts as I heard a soft voice re-enter my mind. "How old are you?".

"Seventeen.", I spoke, a little lower of my esteem than before. "Unlike you, I wasn't truly lucky. I have been abused and beaten before, not too long ago actually." As I said these words she quit tensing and stood still, possibly imagining the events in her head.

"oh..", she managed to spill out.

I cut the silence once again, "I know, but trust me when I tell you this Camilla, never in my right mind would I ever let anything close to what happened to myself happen to you, as long as I'm around, I can promise you that you'll be safe."

And just as I spoke these words the convertible came to a stop, and Camilla brought her body closer to mine in comfort as we dreaded the idea of what lurked beyond the doors to the vehicle.

I understand I do not know Camilla on a personal level, but when you put yourself in the position I am in right now, you can't help but feel sympathy for every enslaved human being around you.

Just as my mind could think no more, the door to my left opened, inviting the strong winds of summer into the vehicle and an immense amount of sunlight onto my face.

The only light I looked upon for an escape through this nightmare. A strong and hard voice spoke against the current winds,

"Welcome to your Master's residence. Feel free to call this your home but do not feel free to live it with the slightest amount of freedom."