Ch. Sixteen

Red Wine Spilt

We kept walking once we exited the elevator and I knew we were getting close, Lucas's hand was still grasping mine.

Suddenly we came to a halt and the blindfold was loosened as my eyesight began to focus on our new surroundings.

One of the guards spoke, letting Master know I was here. Not a second later the door opens by itself, it must be from the inside.

I prepare myself to come in contact with Master but instead of a slightly olive skin tone and blondish/brown hair, I am welcomed by a more tan skin tone and dark hair. It only takes me a second to realize who it is and my eyes widen.

It was Vikram.

His eyes looked like they had seen many things he shouldn't have, they were rough and exhausted. His suit was pressed to compliment his muscles, it was rolled up and loosened at the neck, exposing some of the bruises and raw skin from what happened before.

His expression was calm and collected, like Master's, and he wore a smirk that looked way too familiar. It was as if I were looking at Master himself.

He continued to close the door behind him. As he eyed the guards that were posted outside of Master's door, it was then that I saw a device in his hands. He quickly put it in his pocket and managed to look at Lucas, then his eyes caught mine.

There was still no emotion in them, and I would be lying if I had said I wasn't at all scared. His glare only raged even more, and I looked down. He looked more dominant than before, he was more intimidating.

He stalked off immediately as I kept thinking back on what just happened. On what just happened to him. What were they discussing anyway?

He looked a bit too proud to be speaking to the man that just tore every muscle in his body only moments before. This all didn't make any sense. Master's voice interrupted my thoughts.

"Let them in.", his voice was calm and his tone was normal. It was almost unnerving.

Lucas grabs my arm gently and brings me in with him. My legs felt like jello, I really didn't want to be around this man. It's uncomfortable how much power radiates off of his body.

I could feel it the moment we both stepped in the room, and by the sudden grip on my arm, I knew Lucas felt it too. We stopped, standing directly in front of his desk, his eyes looked up slightly, only to make contact with our legs. As if seeing too much, he simply looked down and kept writing.

"Sir..", Lucas stated sternly, obviously trying to engage in a conversation until Master stopped him.

"You may leave now, go tend to the other slaves, leave this one here with me.", he demanded angrily.

"Yes Sir.", and with that Lucas left me, and the door was shut. I began to tremble on the insides. What do I do? I don't want to anger hi-

"Esmeralda, don't stand there and act a fool, take your place.", he seemed annoyed already.

Great job Esmeralda, you haven't even been in here for five whole minutes and you've already managed to piss him off. I hurriedly walked over to the seat in front of him and sat down slowly. I looked around the entire room, not wanting to look or stare at the man.

I remembered what happened last time we made contact in this room. I was unconscious for god knows how long. But I couldn't just sit here and be afraid, something tells me this is all I will be doing here. I decided to speak up.