Ch. Thirteen

Playing With My Head

The tears never seemed to stop. Continuously flowing down my cheeks at a fast rate.

Why Vikram? What did he ever do?

He was the only one that truly understood me, he understood the grand amount of pain Master put me through.

Sure, he had killed that slave. But at this point, who hasn't? Everyone here is a murderer.

Vikram was just the only one that seemed to care.

I decided to take action.

I ran up to him, across the stage but before I could even take one single step forward, a hand grasped my elbow firmly, causing me to stumble forward.

I look up at the man who caused all of this.

His eyes wandered across face, mainly eyeing the tears that still swept down my cheeks. He had his eyebrows furrowed and his lips slowly parted as he started to breathe in slowly.

He casted his eyes toward mine and they wandered there for what seemed like centuries.

Why did he always look at me like this?

He looked beyond the stage and managed to smirk mischievously. I looked towards the direction he had and realized crowds of people, some happened to look rather familiar.

Master gripped my elbow tighter as he dragged me forward towards Vikram until we were standing directly beside his bloody body.

Master spoke amongst the crowd.

"Let this", he simply pointed towards Vikram "Be a lesson to my men. That regulations are to be obeyed, even for someone as considerate as him. That you are to follow my direct demands as quickly as possible and at an orderly manner, or else it's your life at stake here."

"And let this", he stated grimly, bringing my elbow up as well as my body forward as I casted my eyes down at the ground, "Be a lesson to you disgusting, pathetic, and useless slaves that you are to never speak to my men or even associate yourselves with them. Think of it as a hierarchy, where you lie simply at the lowest level possible."

And with that he wandered off the stage, with my hand still in his grip.

He threw me directly at a slightly toned and lean man, I stumbled forward into his arms.

"Take her to her dormitory and have her hand looked at. Then send her to my office immediately.", and with that he started walking off.

"Sir, what would you like me to do with Vikram's body?", I recognized the voice to be Lucas.

Master stood, with his back against us. He looked down and to his side before responding.

"Burn it."

My eyes grew wide as I looked towards Vikram's body.

"No!" I started to scream. I managed to escape run towards Vikram and held him up across my lap and in my arms.

"No no..", I whispered softly.

He can't die like this, nobody deserved to go like this.

I suddenly had the urge to look up as I heard footsteps near, and there stood Master.

We made contact and the first thing I saw was hurt, and his eyes were widened.