Ch. Fourteen

(more of Vikram)

Faults and Flaws

We wandered for what seemed like forever. Stopping and turning every now and then, I felt so weak with the blindfold on. It gave me no power at all, but also I've never been the dominant one.

I've always tended to be quite submissive towards everyone, and always kept to myself. It was a major flaw of mine.

Finally, we both came to a halt, and a door was opened. The blindfold was taken off and I couldn't help but turn around.

Lucas stood there, eyeing me suspiciously. He must be questioning what happened between Master and I.

"The nurse will be here to take care of your wounds. Just stay put and shower afterwards. I'll come back down to get you."

And with that, he slammed the door in my face. I can't really blame him. Master's orders, and he probably doesn't want to die.

I walked into my room and down the hall, laying myself on the bed.

And in thought of Master's broken self.

_________________________________________________________________________________

Vikram's pov

I opened my eyes to a dark room. Pain surged through my body but I managed to block it from my mind.

I looked down at my body, completely covered in blood. I lifted up my shirt to see bruises, and later raw skin.

What the fuck did the bastard do to me?

It's not my fucking fault he's demented and cannot recover from the incident with his sister.

And it's also not my fucking fault I happen to have a heart and have sympathy for Esmeralda. My eyes widened.

Esmeralda.

The last time I saw her she looked at me as if I were some monster. Someone like him.

I had been so young and stupid once. I was simply 18, thinking I was already an adult and considered myself a rebel.

I had been an outcast in school, feared by the pupils within. That was what he had seen, that was what had caught his attention.

He had spoken of this nice business, it seemed quite important. I had always wanted to be a part of something big, so I joined.

His intimidation played a big role as well, and at the time I was inspired by the powerful man in front of me.

But months had passed doing the dirty work, and it was then that I realized how cruel he truly is, but there was no way out.

There is still no way out.

Few months passed, and my parents had found out. But leave it to Aviran to end any interference or corruption with his business, so they were killed. Right in front of me.

I was never one to speak of my emotions or how I felt, and I'm still that way. It's a part of who I am, consider it a flaw.

But I don't need Esmeralda to view me in that way, I simply cannot. She'll come through soon, hopefully.

I managed to get myself up and limp my way to the shower, turning it on and letting the water run through until smoke appeared from the immense heat.