Ch. Seven

(Master/Aviran)

Monster

As if I had awoken from a dream that lasted about an eternity, I managed to recollect my thoughts once again, fully aware that I hadn't just officially accepted death.

What happened? Did Master....hit me?

What a monster.

A monster well contained in his own room, being the dominant he is, that controls every living pulse around him, treating them as their puppets and having them submissively bow down to his every command.

How did I manage to end up with a self-righteous violent individual?

And why am I trembling? I can't maintain myself anymore, I'm going to just fall and shatter soon.

I can feel something warm draw from my arm. I wanted so bad to see what happened to me but I was too afraid to open my eyes. To afraid to expose them to the monster in front of me. I can almost feel his eyes on me.

I gather up the small amount of bravery left within and open my eyes, noting to look down and around and not up at him. I squint my eyes, trying to focus my sight on the dark lighting surrounding me, and in the corner of my eyes I can see a tall and broad shadow in front of me.

I almost instantly remember what caused me to collapse, I had looked at him and he hit me. He made me bleed, he made me go unconscious.

I brought my knees up to my chest to cradle them and brought my head down, silently weeping at the thought of remaining here forever, at the thought of being hurt every second of the day -whether it be mentally or physically-, at the thought of him.

Fear started to rise up in my throat, I need to confront him.

I need to be smart.

I need him to know that I have accepted my lesson, and plan to obey him.

"Master?", I managed to choke out in a really low whisper, hoping I didn't need to repeat myself. I hope he heard me.

"What?", his deep voice erupted the silence, bringing more fear. He sounded almost irritated.

God, I'm such a problem.

"I'm sorry for my insubordination. It won't happen again, Master.", I said, slowly lowering the tone of my voice until the last word was but a small whisper.

It took Master an incredibly long time to reply. Did I say the wrong thing? I can hear his breathing start to alter. I've angered him.

"Get up.", he stated sharply, possibly in hope that I would comply quickly, and I did. Rising almost suddenly, noting to keep my head down at all times.

I can almost instantly feel his breath against my hair, I was standing in front of him eyeing the ground, eyes closed and also noticing how incredibly tall and muscular he is compared to my fragile and tiny frame.

I'm aware Master cannot see my face, I had only shut my eyes tightly in hopes of awakening from this nightmare. But how wrong I was. I began to tremble and shake, afraid of what this monster has in store for me. Will he hurt me again?

I feel his breath slowly getting close as it lingers towards my left ear, his lips barely touching, but too quickly he retreats, standing tall again.

What just happened..?

"What is your name?", he questions strictly, barely making it evident that his sentence was indeed a question and not a command. "And you have permission to look up whenever you answer."