Ch. Twenty-Four

Facing Reality

I opened my eyes to find the mere glint of the sun illuminating the dominant grey and white room. Lying on my back, my thoughts faded, I sighed heavily, breathing in the scent so strong yet so alluring.. it was addictive, almost like cologne.

Cologne.

My eyes widened immensely as the actions of last night staggered into my mind.

It was then that I realized the warmth encaged within my body due to the large arms wrapped around my waist. Suddenly my mind took in the fact that warm heavy breaths were fanning the right side of my neck, slow and steadily.

I turned towards the direction of the breathing, and almost immediately my heart stopped completely.

There Master was, lying on my right side, his bear arms cradling my waist as his legs were intertwined with mine. The warmth of his body was radiating like fire, but I ignored the extensive amount of heat, only paying attention to his calm expressions.

His eyelashes fanned and covered his ruby soft cheeks, his jawline relaxed, only clenching when breathing, eyebrows furrowed yet his nose was perfect and upright. He looked peaceful once he slept, no worries at all. He looked incredibly .... young.

I couldn't help but feel a pain of guilt. He was most vulnerable last night, it was almost as if I used that to key in my relief, my entire pleasure.

But the events that occurred last night will forever be embedded into my brain, it was wonderful.

And why?

Because of him, and his selfish needs for tucking in his emotions and only exposing them to the ones he trusted with it, or so I had hoped he trusted me.

But what about Anastasia?

The guilt washed over my body again as I remembered who he was truly going to the ball with. Who I was truly going to the ball with.

Oh my god, Vladimir. What would he think of me after this? A tear strained down my cheek, just thinking about his reaction. Would he ever trust me again after that? Would he even help me anymore?

In response, my body turned slowly, attempting to rid myself from his toned and muscular arms. I couldn't wake up with him like this, what would he even do? I halted immediately as a groan escaped Master's red soft lips.

I closed my eyes in hope of escaping quietly. I tugged once again, slower this time... until a gruff voice was heard through the silent atmosphere.

"No. Just let me hold you."

I turned my head in his direction, only to find his eyes closed but his jaw was now clenched tightly, eyebrows furrowed exaggeratedly.

"Please, just let me go.", I whispered quietly, almost chocking from the now sobs. His eyes opened in alarm at my voice, landing directly towards my eyes, but they soon followed a single tear that caressed my cheek.

Before I could even blink, his arm was raised as he wiped the tears away, bringing them up to his eye level to inspect it as if it were a newly found element.

"I just don't see how it's even possible to still look beautiful when crying.", he murmured, still examining his wet thumb that still held my tears. He began to rub his index finger against it, continuously doing so until his eyes met mine again.

"You don't understand, do you?", he asked me softly.

"Understand what Master?", I whispered.