Ch. Twenty-Three

Two Broken Hearts (Explicit Content)

Master's pov

There was a knock on the door. I looked up and closed my eyes, sighing heavily while contemplating how I should truly break it down to Esmeralda.

Her mind is like a blockade to her expressions, I never know what she is thinking. 'Whether she's broken, sad, depressed, stressed... happy.. I can never tell, and it is that mere confusion that causes me to shut her down and treat her like a piece of meat, completely disregarding her feelings, and considering that I can never tell what she's feeling. I cannot read her emotions.

And I see that now.

"Come in.", I stated grimly, looking down at the laptop that I had just shut close due to my anger. I'd be surprised if I'd even broken the damn thing. Thoughts of what I just witnessed cramming into my brain.

How am I supposed to deal with a slave that has a past?

The door opened to reveal Lucas and Esmeralda, standing. Her body was guarded by Lucas. I could simply tell by the mere glance of their feet, not wanting to look up.

"Lucas, you're dismissed."

Lucas sauntered over to the door, closing it behind him. Esmeralda still stood, but her legs were trembling.

"Sit, Esmeralda.", I stated unexpectedly harsh.

She walked over to the chair in front of my desk, bringing her body down to it. However, she didn't seem comfortable. Her back was straight, and somehow I got the idea she was somewhat guarded.

Suddenly the unexpected happened and she decided to speak up first.

"On behalf of breakfast and my inappropriate behavior I would like to apologize, Master."

Apologize? Why the hell was she apologizing?

"I reacted horribly. I should not have ran off in the middle of our meal, and I should not have spoken up rather harshly to your significant other. For that, I am incredibly sorry and I hope you can forgi-".

Significant other? She's apologizing for showing me her true emotions? She's apologizing for her reactions?

I rose my hand up in hopes of halting her sentence, and she stopped almost immediately.

I still kept my head down towards my desk, closing my eyes, I finally looked up to her blue sensitive orbs that were rather red from all the crying.

I brought my hand down slowly, watching her flinch at my movement. Does she honestly think I'm going to hit her right now, at this moment? Has she lost her mind?

"Esmeralda.", I swallowed the lump in my throat, calming myself slowly and speaking softly, almost as if it were a whisper. "Are you alright?"

It was as if my question cued her senses, she kept her composure.. back straight, head held high.. but I couldn't help but noticed the tears that started to fall carelessly down her now ruby cheeks while her small mouth started to pout but only slightly.

She truly was broken. I couldn't take watching her go through this alone. I brought my chair out slightly, still remained seated.

"Come.", I stated demandingly. She needs comfort, and she fucking needs it now.

But this time, she won't run off to Vladimir's traitor arms, she will not succumb to her soft knees for support, she won't hold on to her white pillow for dear life.